cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Problems in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I've developed a J2EE (.ear) aplication which connects with a BAPI via JCO. This application, deployed in the J2EE Engine, works correctly.

In the other hand I have developed a Portal Application (with JspDynPage) with the same code and sapjco.jar to connect to the BAPI.

The problem is that when I execute this application (.par) in my SAP Portal, I get this exception:

EXCEPCION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=dor3desn SYSNR=00 GWHOST=dor3desn GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service 'sapgw00' unknown TIME Fri Aug 18 13:19:41 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 505 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapgw00' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

I have no idea about this problem. Maybe I have to configure something in my SAP Portal... I don't know...

Does anybody know something about this??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Alberto.

I've used the same

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pascal, but I'm now getting this problem:

Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=dor3desn SYSNR=00 GWHOST=dor3desn GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service '?' unknown TIME Mon Aug 28 08:50:22 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 COUNTER 1

The situation is this:

1) I develop the code and the application in my machine "A".

2) Then, I export the .par archive to a second machine "B".

3) The SAP-BAPI the program has to connect is in another machine "C".

I think this has not to be a problem, cause the same code under a J2EE application deployed on the J2EE Engine works correctly...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at SAP Note 723562 and any other notes mentioned there. Especially note 52959.

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal!

Finally I solved the problem with the links you gave me

Regards,

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pascal,

with these lines I don't get the error:

sapgw00 3300/tcp

sapdp00s 4800/tcp

But... Now I'm getting an error about a license.

It tells me that is imposible to connect, error when veryfing the license...

Do I need any special license to connect my Portal to an R3??

But... why if I deploy an .ear instead of a .par, works correctly? 😕

Thanks a lot in advance.

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal, but I'm the administrator of the Portal...

I'm the first one learning it here...

Could you please tell me where can I find that configuration and/or what do I have to configure??

Thanks a lot.

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add the following lines to the services file:

sapdp00 3200/tcp

sapgw00 3300/tcp

Location of the file:

Windows: <windows>\system32\drivers\etc\services

Unix: /etc/services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies!

I've been out of office these days. I'll check the things you tell me as soon as posible and reply.

Thanks again

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your Portal System Administrator to check if sapgw00 is defined in the services file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the J2EE engine resides on the same server as your R/3 backend server so thats why this application works there but that is not the case with portal (I assume it is SAP EP).

On the other hand I don't think you would need to use JCo to connect to R/3 server from portal. You just have to define the R/3 system in portal with the respective connection parameters. (I believe portal internally uses JCo). So contact your portal administrator and request to define the R/3 system with suitabel alias if needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the Portal Environment and deployed server are same meachine?

It seems that JCO conection is not success.

If the Portal environment in different system You have to configure the JCO connection.check the Jco connection and SLD.

Kind Regards

Mukesh