cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Rules Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like to transport all my alert rules configured for my scenario at RTW of QUALITY system to PRODUCTION system. for that i found 2 options.

1. Manually enter the alert rules in RTW

2. run the report "SXMSALERT_CONFIGTRANS".

in option2: i run the report and transport request created. it shows message as "transport enrty written. alert no: ABC1234".

So now my doubt is: will this report transport all teh alert rules configured in RTW to PROD? my requirement is i need to transport only my scenario related alert rules....(out of 200 alert rules in RTW, only 10are related to my scenario and i need to transfer only those 10).

Best Regards,SARAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2011/02/03/know-how-to-transport-only-the-required-alert-rules - this will help you out

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of using that program u can directly create or copy the alert rules in PRD it self. Its suggestable and advisable to do in PRD.

Regards,

Raju

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SARAN,

Transport Alert Categories

Go to ALRTCATDEF (In DEV) --> Transport (In TOOLBAR) --> Current Alert Category --> Create a Customizing Request and note down your request number

Go to SE09 (In DEV) --> Check customizing request and Modifiable --> Choose Display Button --> Go to your Request number --> and release the sub node and then release the request.

Go to STMS (In QA) --> Import --> Import your request

Transport Alert Rules

Create a workbench transport request manually with transaction SE09. Delete the corresponding unclassified task of that request. Double click on the transport request and click on button 'edit <-> change'. For Program ID enter R3TR, for Object Type enter TABU and for Object Name enter SXMSALERTRULES.

Now click on the button with the key symbol (located under 'Function'). Click on 'Insert row' and enter * for table key. Save the request, release it and import it in the target system.

SAP Note 1110295

/people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2011/02/03/know-how-to-transport-only-the-required-alert-rules