cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/w read-only and enabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

plz elaborate the difference between read-only and enabled property of UI elements. I cant find 1.

Thanks in advance

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Properties

Read Only - It Allows To Action Like click event in input field & Can Visible bright full.

Enable - if you unchecked this property check box means it will not allow you to perform any events.

Regards,

Srini.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In both the cases cursor cant be set. Still not getting the differences. Plz reply

thanx

Gaurav

former_member463524
Contributor

Hi,

Enabled property is to define the element as interactive one.

Read only is to make the field as output only.

For example, In webdynpro we have interactiveform ui element . By default enabled is inactive. This form will behave as

non interactive form.

Regards,

Meera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are saying that events wont be able to change the text in field for which the enable field is unchecked? I tried that already, its changing on a button click..

Edited by: GauravKaneria on Jul 13, 2011 12:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

When you uncheck enable property, that means that user cant perform any actions with that UI element. Lets take an example of check box. If you set enable property for this check box to false, then the user wont be able to select the check box in the application and the look of the check box will be grayed out.

If we take Input Field as example, setting enable property to false means user wont be able to enter the text from the UI. But programmatically if you set the context attribute which is bound to that Input Field, you would be able to see the text.

readOnly means the user cant edit the value of that UI element. i.e. Suppose we have an input field and set the readOnly property to true, then the user cant enter the text.

Hope this is clear!

Best Regards,

Srilatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

follow my steps and i think you can get an idea!

select a input field in view go to that input field property, and change the uncheck the checkbox for enabled and c can see that field

in output as dim & in not editable means you cannot plase cursor there.

but that cursor can act with read only.

check this scenario with input field and buttons also you can get a brief idea.

hops this helps,

Regards,

Srini .

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Both can operate using wdy_boolean attribute type.

Enabled--- as srinivas said, UI element will be in display mode, it wont allow you to perform any events.

readonly--for example, if you check the readonly property for table or input field, it wil not allow you to edit the values. it will be in display mode.

Wait for others answers, may others can explain more clearly

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info. I cant understand

Thanx

Gaurav