cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regd Sourcing configuration(Project Management)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to the SAP Sourcing. I started learning sourcing concept from the Sourcing 7.0 help guide and help.sap.com.

I want to perform below activities:-

1>want to know about the Project Management capebilities in Sourcing. What is the role of approver , task, phases and task owners in the Project type.

2>How to integrate Work Flow with the Project.

My requirement is using standard sourcing configuration how to convert exisiting process flow into a sourcing project.

Pl share your view and suggestion.

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I have tried to put together a brief on various topics you have discussed. I would suggest getting hold of user training guides to get better understanding:

role of approver

Approver is an document specific role assigned to a buyer who can approve or reject a project in a particular phase.

Task and task owners

Schedule Tab of most business documents including projects can be used to create a list of Internal Events you wish to track as part of a particular business documentu2019s lifecycle. Project schedule items may consist of Internal Events (milestones), tasks, and/or sub-projects.

Each Internal Event defines a task or milestone, its owner, expected start date and duration, and value.The start date of a given project task or milestone may be defined as dependent on the completion of another project task.

phases

SAP e souricng/ CLM uses Phases to define the individual steps in a lifecycle sequence of each

document / event. Users advance the Contract / Project through each phase to

signify the stage, in the lifecycle that the document is currently in.

Workflow

XPDL workflows are used in SAP e sourcing/ CLM which are linked to phases thereby giving users the flexibility to implement complex business processes

Hope this helps!

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Thanks for reply.

I have defined a Project Type with 3 approvers. Based on this project type, i created a project. In this project under schedule, I defined a fixed type task and assigned a owner to it. Now, this task is present in the To Do List on his workbench. How can the user finish this task and how does it reflects the same in the project. How are 3 approvers as created in the project type involved in this workflow?

Pl share your view on the above scenario.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Just defining three approvers in the project doc type won't serve the purpose. You need to define a project phase definition in document set up and assign XPDL workflow files to relevant phases depending upon the business process.

In XPDL file you can incorporate the logic regarding approval for the project once it is moved to a particular phase. I would suggest going through the workflow and scripting guide available on service.sap.com for more information

Below are the steps to be followed for implementation of workflows in e sourcing:

1.Create a workflow defintion using XPDL

2. Associate it with workflow definition in system setup

3. Add the workflow definition to relevant phase in project configurable phase defintion(document setup)

As far as tasks are concerned, these are meant to sent e mail reminders and maintain a schedule for relevant project activities. Tasks which are passed their fixed date would appear in red color in the schedule tab. Once the task is complete you can fill in the actual start and end date in tracking to change the status.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Edited by: Mudit_UCB on Jul 13, 2011 2:03 PM