cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service returning data from 2 proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me with the design here.. We're using XI 7.1 and I'm still struggling with my Sync soap sender to proxy interface.

I've got my basic soap sender to proxy which returns a structure from the proxy sending it back to the web service as a response.

like so: [Screen Print|http://www.photostand.co.za/images/orvgugyciny7x1nu4oua.png]

But now I need to include another proxy to get other data and send that back in this response show above. Can I have 2 sync target operations sending back a response to the same source operation?

Thanks,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't.

Basic rule here is One sync interface one operation.

at a time if two target operations give response then interface failes.

if it is condition based then write condition in Receiver determination in this case it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah okay, so what can I do then? Can I use a ccBpm? if so.. would it be easy enough..

Edited by: Jan de Lange on Jul 13, 2011 11:34 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your Traget System?

If ABAP proxy--Follow beloa appraoch

option 1: develop two sync interfaces

Option 2: Develop Receiver response proxy structure and this structure should hold two proxy responses and write proxy logic to send response in one shot.

in this case one interface enough.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

first proxy is from CRM (customer detail) and 2nd one if from ECC (account details). The soap sender is a URL I generate and expose to the client.

Any change there are some example of this or something close to it?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

suppose if you receive request from SOAP system--it expects response from CRM and ECC or based on payload you have to get response?

if it is based on condition then one interface with receiver determination condition will work elase best way is develop individual interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok for simplicity's sake, can I develop the 2 seperate interfaces with their own senders and responses then with a 3rd soap sender interface I call these 2 first interfaces in a UDF and send back that response in 1 structure?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you develop two interfaces then why you need third SOAP adapter?

2 interfaces will work independently,correct me if i understood your requirement wrong.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

They need the data for both proxies in one response. They won't be able to do 2 independent calls which is why I suppose I need a 3rd interface to combine these other 2's responses into 1?

*Thanks for the help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why cant you have;

1 SOAP sync request -> Sync ECC call -> Sync CRM call -> Combine the responses of ECC and CRM and send back to SOAP sync Response?

and Yes you will need a BPM !