cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install Solution Manager 7.0 in Window Server 2008 R2 Enterprise ed.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SDN experts.

I am trying to install Solution Manager 7.0 in in Window Server 2008 R2?

I checked the the software requirement for SAP Solution Manager 7.0, it only mentioned Window Server 2003 and 2008 enterprise edition.

I am trying to install Solution Manager 7.0 in in Window Server 2008 R2 enterprise edition?

When I ran the Solution Manager Master Installer, the Pre-requisite Checker gave a warning message saying that it detected incompatible server version, that the server version is Windows NT 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (I guess it meant Window Server 2008 R2).

=======

The following Windows operating system version is supported: Windows Server 2003 (i.e. Version 5.2) and Windows Server 2008 (i.e. Version 6.0).

Current Windows version: Version 6.1, Service Pack 1.0, productive type: Server.

You can check the current version of you operating system by runningu2026u2026..

========

Can I actually install Solution Manager 7.0 in Window Server 2008 R2? Will this cause problem during the installation/post-installation if I ignore this message?

Thanks,

KC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I see in the PAM Windows server 2008 R2 enterprise edition, for some of the database platforms.

In http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Solution Manager , the Windows install guides have information about Windows Server 2008. Please check the relevant guide based on the database platform that you have.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miguel,

In Solution Manager 7.0 Installation Guide, MS Window Server 2008 R2 is not on the list.

Thanks,

KC

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Windows 2008 is in the list, not R2, that's right.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I see support for both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of Windows 2008 Server SP2 for most DBs in PAM for

Solution Manager 7.0, which is up to SP17 as , sp18 and above is Version 7.01 EHP1.

Please verify that you have downloaded the correct media.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not straight forward to install SAP Solution Manager 7.0 in MS Window Server 2008 R2.

I am installing Solution Manager 7.0 , the installation encountered error on Create Java Users step (Phase 31 of 44). When I login to SAP solution Manager system through SAP GUI. I encountered this error:

"OS release Windows NT 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 4x AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 44 Step 2) is not supported with this kernel (700)'

I found that it is because I am installing SAP Solution Manger 7.0 in MS Window Server 2008 R2, which the existing kernel version does not support.

Do you know which kernel I should install?

I browsed in:

SAP Application Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0" Entry by Component" Solution Manager ABAP Stack

SAP KERNEL 7.00 64-BIT UNICODE --> Windows Server on x64 64bit -->MS SQL SERVER

I downloaded:

SAPEXEDB_291-20001361.SAR Kernel Part II (for Basis 7.00) 291

Is this the right Kernel patch I should use?

If it is the right kernel patch file, how do I apply the latest kernel to existing Solution Manager system? Can you give me some guidance on this?

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KC,

First, MS SQL 2008 R2 is supported on Windows 2008 R2 for 64 bit Unicode.

Check http://service.sap.com/pam for Solution Manager 7.0 supported DB/OS.

Second, the error you get in SAPInst is due to the fact that the Kernel DVD would not contain the latest kernel supported for the Windows 2008 R2. You need to seperately download the latest kernel patch. You are on the right path, download the last kernel patch from the SMP and use those for the installation procedure.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

Yes, you are right. I apply the latest patches for kernel 700, and the installation completed successfully.

Thanks for confirming this info again.

KC