Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install both SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 4 and Solution Manager in C drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SDN fellows.

I just want to confirm this.

I am trying to install SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 4 and Solution Manager in C drive. Are these OK, since they both will be installed under the C:\usr folder?

What precaution we need to install these two SAP components in the same drive (C)?

I am installing both components in MS Window Server 2008 R2 SP1 with MS SQL Server 2005 SP3.

Thanks,

KC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you gone through SAP Installation guides?

Where your OS is installed? Why you want to install SAP instances on C Drive?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nick.

Sorry, I missed the "IDES". I am installing SAP ECC6.0 EHP4 IDES system for training purpose within the organization.

I am referring to the Installation Guide - SAP ERP 6.0 EHP Ready ABAP on Window MS SQL Server (Based on NW 7.0 incl EHP 1). All downloaded installation files are from: EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0/NW7.01 --> IDES --> --> Widnows Server --> MS SQL Server.

The OS is installed in C drive.

I have allocated 250GB in C drive and 200GB in D drive from SAN.

For IDES system (I know it is similar to the standard ECC), is it also recommended to install in D drive (separate from the OS)?

In this case, should I install both Solution Manger and IDES in D drive?

Or what is the best combination where I should install these two systems?

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you donot have adequate space in other drives you can go ahead and install in C drive.

If disks are RAID configured, I would installed it on the RAID 0 configured disks, check with your h/w team for RAID configuration.

If your disks are not RAID configured, better to install it in any drive other than C, but still there is no harm in installing it in C.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default, the drive selected for the installation of SAP is D:\

C:\ I believe is not recommended.

As long as the system resources(RAM, Disk space) are enough, and you have selected the

appropriate drives for the database(Datafiles), evenly distributing them considering your

database growth, you can install both on the same drive.

Regards,

Vishnu