Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance view does not bring the default language in the Text table

anub
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a maintenance view with the join of two tables

TAB1 has following fields

MANDT

CATEGORY

TAB2 (is the text table for TAB1) has the following fields

MANDT

LANGU

CATEGORY

DESCRIPTION

I have created the maintenance view with

MANDT

CATEGORY

DESCRIPTION

When Itry to maintain the data through the view I can insert teh data in TAB1 but in TAB2 it doesnt take the default language key.

I want my default language key as 'EN'.

I have referred V_T77TMC_EDUTYP, but I cannot find the reason why in my custom view I dont get the language key.

Request your help.

Thanks

Anu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anu,

I believe that according to definition of maintenance view, for text tables there should be an automatic entry for sy-langu in SPRAS field. So, you should be able to get this without activating any TMG events.

I suppose you have created a maintenance generator for your maintenance view and updating entries using SM30 for that maintenance view.

Please check that you have created the text table properly. Check while putting TAB1 in SE16n and pressing enter, do you see TAB2 in 'text table' field ???

Make sure while defining Foreign key relationship, you have used 'Key fields of a Text table' option.

Do share if you face any problem ?

regards,

Diwakar

4 REPLIES 4

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

In TMG Use Events ., Use (05) New Entries Event and insert sy-langu for Language.

this may help u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have two options one is to use events as describe above and second is to code directly in maintainence view screen. The first approach is prefereed over the second one.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anu,

I believe that according to definition of maintenance view, for text tables there should be an automatic entry for sy-langu in SPRAS field. So, you should be able to get this without activating any TMG events.

I suppose you have created a maintenance generator for your maintenance view and updating entries using SM30 for that maintenance view.

Please check that you have created the text table properly. Check while putting TAB1 in SE16n and pressing enter, do you see TAB2 in 'text table' field ???

Make sure while defining Foreign key relationship, you have used 'Key fields of a Text table' option.

Do share if you face any problem ?

regards,

Diwakar

0 Kudos

Thanks Diwakar for your answer. I used 'Key fields of a Text table' option and it solved my problem.

Thanks

Anu.