cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP applications through Reverse Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

We use Apache as a reverse proxy server to connect outside clients to our backend systems. They all go through RSA security and the Portal. Everything is working fine!

There is one problem: The SAP namespaces used for BSP apps; the path is always /sap/bc/bsp or /sap/public/bsp, etc. The proxy config needs unique identifiers to distinguish between CRM, BW, R/3 BSP's and so on. I found out that the usage of External Aliases might be a solution; /crm/<application> for CRM BSP’s works.

But still the application wants to access objects through original URL’s like this one: /sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb/domainRelaxMin.htm

How can I fix this situation? Maybe External aliases are not the right choise? Do you have some suggestions??

Thanks!

Maurice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The proxy rewrites the URL and the WEB AS is called then by his naturally URL. So it does not know that there is a proxy in front.

So he generates his URL.

Some application make use of the HTTPURLLOC table to override this URL generation.

And if you use the SAP Web Dispatcher there is a parameter

wdisp/add_clientprotocol_header = 1 "(note 727133) to inform the WEB AS that HTTPS is used. If you don't use the dispatcher, add into the redirect line in SICF for your BSP application: &bspdontforcehttps=X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

I allready found out about the HTTPURLLOC table but it's not clear to me how to use it. I'm looking for detailed information on how to control the URL generation of the Web AS. We are not using the web dispatcher, could you tell me why you mention the option of making the Web AS HTTPS aware?

Thanks,

Maurice

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've mentioned this, 'cause we always work SSL-wise. Before the reverse proxy our WAS needed to be HTTP, but since the reverse proxy took this over, it's overkill to put both on HTTPS.

But then one needs to tell the WAS that, altough the request was HTTPS, it doesn't have to controlled by the WAS.

Answers (0)