cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP how to get constrained demand back to DP within SNP for 3 levels of BOM

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SNP Gurus, my question is within SNP how to get a constrained demand figure back (eg to be able to send back to DP) when you have eg 3 levels of BOM/Bill of materials without using the optimizer.

EG demand for finished product is 1000 per month.

There is a WIP interim product/prodcuts and raw materials. So 2-3 BOMS (3-4 levels)

At one of the raw/WIP levels there is a constraint so not all demand can be fulfilled.

So a manual SNP Heuristic is run through the system.

Then manual capacity leveling is run at the various raw and semi-finished levels and there are constraints at the semi-finished level.

eg can only make 50 per month of a semi-finished product.

To know what my constrained demand is back at the finished goods level (eg it may be now only 900 per month), there is no direct "back-flush" method to get the constrained semi-finished demand to back-calculate down to the finished product level.

I have the options as I see it to

1. Use the Optimizer (which we do not want to do initially - keep it simple first)

2. Generate alerts at each level and then manually work back through the levels and adjust quantities.

3. Create a new macro that calculates the "shortage compared to the original demand" - but this will only work if I have manually adjusted the quantities at the level between my constraint and the finished goods manually.

Any ideas appreciated!. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Adding in an example to attempt to explain.

Finished Product in this example is a plastic phone.

The next 2 levels are "semi-finished levels" - Large plastic sheets the phones are stamped out of", then before that "Plastic rolls" that are manufactured.

Plastic Phones 1000 per month

Large plastic sheets 320 per month

Plastic Rolls 38 per month

Raw materials plenty of stock

My constraint is in the PLASTIC ROLLS - can only make 31 per month

Plastic Phones ???? per month In this view Cant see how short I am until change level above.

Large plastic sheets 287 per month (Can see in this view that I am short)

Plastic Rolls 31 per month (CAPACITY LEVEL)

Raw materials plenty of stock