Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User has to enter a specified number of CHARs length while filling the form

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am developing a interactive form, which got context interface from WebDynPro ABAP. I have a input field on the form, its NAME, i binded it with NAME1 of WebDynPro context, in SAP its length is 35 CHARs.

My requirement is user can not enter more than 35 CHARs in the form, while user is fillling it. So, to achive this,

1) Its enough just binding form NAME to WebDynPro SAP NAME1 attribute of context, then, SAP will automatically take care this?

2) or do i need to put the 35 number lenght in Max Chars field of Object-Field in the FORM?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While binding a field on layout you get an option to specify properties of the field in regards with bound data element. If there you have chosen the property of max chars then its not mandatory to specify it again in object properties of the field. But if you have not mentioned it while binding then it will be required to separately mention in the object property.

Regards,

Vaibhav

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. Yes, i did not selected from the popup i got it, while am doing binding! But, now, I want to set this for already binded fields as well, then, pls. let me know how to set this Max Char length for ALREADY binded fields/how to get that popup again?

If its not possible, then, i will specify the Max Chars in the object property/field of Adobe form

Best Regards.

Answers (0)