cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N-step approval process for PO in SRM 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are a couple of questions I have regarding N-Step approval configuration for PO in SRM 7 Process Controlled Workflow:

1) It's our business requirement that the last-change person of the PO is defined as the first approver in the chain. I tested with RR_EMPLOYEE and a hard-coded user BP number (my own), but got error "Strategy RR_EMPLOYEE did not determine any approver". Changing to any other user's BP number worked. So I am guessing the buyer himself can not be an approver. Since this is a business requirement, we wouldn't mind developing enhancement to work around this restriction. If you could point me to the place where this is checked, that would help me.

2) I have set up the process level configuration as such:

100	ZEV_PO_SL_APPR_001	PO  approval level 1	RR_EMPLOYEE	Specify Employee for Approval
200	ZEV_PO_SL_APPR_002	PO  approval level 2	RR_MANAGER	Get Creator's Line Manager for Approval
300	ZEV_PO_SL_APPR_003	PO  approval level 3	RR_MANAGER	Get Creator's Line Manager for Approval

The corresponding expressions are simply checking against the PO total value, such as -

0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE >= 0 AND 0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE < 1,000
0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE >= 1,000 AND 0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE < 25,000
0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE >= 25,000

But when I checked the Approver list with a PO with total value > 50,000, only the first level is triggered and listed. And once approved, the PO went into "Ordered" status. But it should have gone through 3 levels of approval. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point out what might have been wrongly defined in my configuration.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) It's our business requirement that the last-change person of the PO is defined as the first approver in the chain. I tested with RR_EMPLOYEE and a hard-coded user BP number (my own), but got error "Strategy RR_EMPLOYEE did not determine any approver". Changing to any other user's BP number worked. So I am guessing the buyer himself can not be an approver. Since this is a business requirement, we wouldn't mind developing enhancement to work around this restriction. If you could point me to the place where this is checked, that would help me.

SAP recently released the consultant OSS note to handle this issue.. when the release the SRM 7.0 , SC requestor or PO creator ( Buyer ) cant be in the approval list.. later on they release a OSS note to handle this issue.. 1551561\

2) I have set up the process level configuration as such:

100 ZEV_PO_SL_APPR_001 PO approval level 1 RR_EMPLOYEE Specify Employee for Approval

200 ZEV_PO_SL_APPR_002 PO approval level 2 RR_MANAGER Get Creator's Line Manager for Approval

300 ZEV_PO_SL_APPR_003 PO approval level 3 RR_MANAGER Get Creator's Line Manager for Approval

The corresponding expressions are simply checking against the PO total value, such as -

0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE >= 0 AND 0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE < 1,000

0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE >= 1,000 AND 0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE < 25,000

0V_PO_POTOTALVALUE >= 25,000

But when I checked the Approver list with a PO with total value > 50,000, only the first level is triggered and listed. And once approved, the PO went into "Ordered" status. But it should have gone through 3 levels of approval. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point out what might have been wrongly defined in my configuration.

once you implement the OSS note Q1, you can build the custom RR resolver to handle this issue with in one process level.. but you have to implement the process level BADI as well.. please refer /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_PO badi for more details

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

You have always been a great help in workflow area. The note should resolve my first issue. And regarding the second, I realize that my expressions themselves are incorrectly defined. And your hint about the BADI is very helpful too.

Thanks again.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me the significance of the entry "RR_EMPLOYEE" and where the name of the responsible person is maintained?

Former Member
0 Kudos

RR_EMPLOYEE is validated by class CLENTERPRISE (check the actual class name with F4), method IS_EMPLOYEE_BY_USERNAME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jay,

Correct me if i am wrong.. how does this parameter get populated.. it specifies a person right? could u tell me the flow by which this parameter gets populated?

Thanks in advance,

Catherine

Answers (0)