cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F - Generic service for defaulting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I have troubles trying to figure out how to default a field in processes and forms HCM with a generic service. Anyone could explain me (or link me to a documentation) how to do it? A step by step with the easies default; so that I can use it as a base to create a bigger program

Thank you very very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your form scenario >Fields, dbl click on column Default value. you will see your generic service name there. Select the radio button and bind the service field.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also do coding in the backend generic service to pass values to the fields. You can check the initialize

method of following class on how to do it. CL_IM_HRRCF_REQUI_REQUEST.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, I need a generic service to default my field because I need some logic to retrieve the data, which is neither included in the service PA nor PT.

I managed to create my generic service and it seems to work, but it only defaults when I press "INITIALIZE" button! I would like it to default authomatically, thats possible?

Thank you all,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is this 'INITIALIZE' button? Any event is triggered when INITIALIZE button is pressed. The defaulting of

values when the form opens works without any problem for me. Put a break-point in the INITIALIZE method and

see if the execution stops there when the form is opened first time.

Thanks,

Aravind

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos