cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow transaction sequence block for Bapi call

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am beginning upgrading MII from version 12.0 to 12.1. When I imported my MII project to version 12.1, I get one BAPI call sequence that is yellow and the transaction does not execute. It works fine in version 12.0, but something is wrong in version 12.1. It is not a custom transaction.

The JRA Session Action is called JRA_Start_Session and when I try to execure the transaction, I get the following Error:

[ERROR] [JRA_Start_Session] Link ('JRA_Start_Session.Language' [Assign] from "Transaction.Language") execution threw an exception. Exception: [Variable does not exist: JRA_Start_Session.Language]

[INFO] Transaction Termination Request: [User: MSCOTT] [Reason: Variable does not exist: JRA_Start_Session.Language] [Message: Variable does not exist: JRA_Start_Session.Language]

[INFO] Statistics [Load = 67 ms msec, Parse = 67 ms, Execution = 2 ms, Total = 81 ms]

Both the new version and the old version of MII are pulling for the same data sources, so I'm not sure why 12.0 would work and 12.1 won't. Maybe a known bug??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Did you also do the NW upgrade? You need to be at SP 5 minimum to support MII 12.1.8. What version of 12.1 are you upgrading to?

If you are upgrading to an earlier version of MII, you may want to check the release notes. There were some issues with JRA in early releases.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using NetWeaver CE 7.1 EhP1 SP6 and MII 12.1.8. I didn't see anything in the release notes aside from version issues that might cause this issue. Any other ideas?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Try the same transaction with JCo action block equivalents. If that works and the JRA equivalents do not, then I would suggest opening a ticket. If neither works, try executing it in SE37 or BAPI in ECC. If it works in ECC and not with the JRA/JCo in MII, I would check the syntax of the inputs.

I have heard of other folks having problems with JRA and not with JCo. There are a few posts in this forum on the subject. You will probably have to go back a year, possibly more, to find them.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mike. I am waiting on some help to try the steps you listed.

In further testing, we have been able to get some of the data from the BAPI, but not all of it. We have also noticed that some of the data paths have changed. For example, the "components" variable that was located in this location in version 12.0:

{/BAPI_PRODORD_GET_DETAIL/INPUT/ORDER_OBJECTS/INPUT/COMPONENTS}

Is located here after importing the project into version 12.1:

{/BAPI_PRODORD_GET_DETAIL/INPUT/ORDER_OBJECTS/COMPONENTS}

Does this information mean anything to you? I did find some forum posts about JRA issues related to NW 7.1.6 and MII 12.1.8. What I'm seeing is that to use MII 12.1.8, we have to roll back to NW 7.1.5.

Can you tell me if this is still accurate?

[]

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I do not think you have to roll back to SP 5 for NW 7.11. At least you should not have to. However the bug reported was related to reversed logic for the Execute Function check box for the SAP JRA Function action block. What mubgt38 reported experiencing was that the action blocked worked only when the Execute Function check box was UN-checked instead of checked. And I think what he meant about the fix being released in EP09 was SP09 for MII.

It is worth a quick test to see if the logic is reversed. And if so, it would probably not hurt to enter another ticket for the bug. At least you will be notified when the fix is released.

Regards,

Mike