Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM synchronous send step - Fault message extraction

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am developing a BPM with Asynch RFC -> synch Webservice -> Asynch RFC scenario.

I have defined fault message in the synchronous interface used in the send step for web service, and also defined

exception branch where an alert is thrown.

In the alert, i want to send the fault text from the fault message. How can i do that??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the one you are looking for.....

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2011/01/10/soap-fault-in-sap-pi-hijack-it

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/05/21/handling-web-service-soap-fault-responses-in-sap-netweaver-xi

Regards,

Naveen

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>In the alert, i want to send the fault text from the fault message. How can i do that?

In the exception branch when you throw alert use steps transformation and send to send fault message. Specify mapping object that does fault message mapping in the tranformation step and fault message in the send step.

Hope that helps.

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Bhaskar.

can you pls detail your response.

For Interface mapping to be used in Transformation step in exception branch, i shall require an abstract interface for fault message as source.

How can i create that??

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In the alert, i want to send the fault text from the fault message. How can i do that??

You cannot access fault message within BPM.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

SOAP adapter doesnt support fault messages.

check stephan's reply @

> SOAP adapter does not support fault message.
> Any fault is treated as error.
> fault messages are only supported for XI messages (ABAP or Java proxies) and RFCs.

Fault message handling is not possible inside BPM.

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

So does it mean that i cannot send details of fault in my alert message.

As far as i have read in the forum and blogs, Alerts sent from BPM cannot even access the alert variables like SXMS_MSG_GUID which are available otherwise.

What would you suggest? I could send the message variables field values from the payload, but that wouldn't tell the user what the reason was for the failure.

Has anybody handled such a scenario. Any suggestions.

Thanks.