cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Operating System Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

The company wants to rename these users to meet their standards. In other words they want to rename <SAPSID>ADM to Z<SAPSID>adm and so on for the other user names.

I know there is a lot involved when doing this, but I need something official from SAP that advices against this or steps to complete this. Preferable something from SAP that is against this.

Can anyone direct me to some SAP documentation on the matter?

Thanks,

Nayt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We used to change the SAP OS users to respect the company naming standards. It was a mess because we had to modify the installation files manually.

We stopped doing it when the installation configuration files became XML (R/3 4.5 or 4.7) because it was becoming a nightmare with lots of possible human errors.

We just said that it was technically impossible and luckily for us it was accepted.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos
The company wants to rename these users to meet their standards.

I don't think a company wants to make changes to standards/recommendations to maintain their standards.

And yes there are several dependancies on above change and every standard must have some exeptions to follow the standards.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think a company wants to make changes to standards/recommendations to maintain their standards.

Yeah, you'd think that, and that's been repeated back to the one's wanting to make this change. This company Does want to do that, they just do not understand what will happen and they do not understand SAP.

Which is why I'm looking for something official saying this Should not be done from SAP. Any Notes anything.

Edited by: NAYT CHRISTENSEN on Jul 13, 2011 5:44 PM

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think best option is open an OSS call and ask SAP and they will revert you with the answer.

Regards,

Subhash