cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisourcing in SMI scenario with SAP SNC 5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm working on SMI (Supplier Managed Inventory) implementation with SAP SNC 5.1. One of our issue is how manage a multi sourcing for the same material in a SMI scenario.

In the first part of the project, the Consignment will be not implemented, but it is expected, however, the implementation in the future of consignment (hence the solution to be used today without consignment will be valid also in the future, with the consignment).

So in case we have the same SKU supplied by two different suppliers, Is it possible to split the depended requirement (as BOM before the stock netting) so that every supplier can see only a part of it and then decide what supply?

We have proposed to manage it duplicating the material code, then using different material code, one for each supplier, for the material multisource, but this solution was rejected.

How we can manage it?

SAP SNC has a particular functionality to manage it?

We are thinking to use the batch management, but is there any other way to manage it?

Thank you in advance,

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicola,

I think it is definitely possible as this is general business scenario , and there is no need to create duplicate materials for every material otherwise you will face difficulties in SNI monitor .

I am not functional person so I can't explain you in detail but check below points and discuss with ur functional and technical team, and let me know.

http://www.gopa-itc.com/uploads/media/conference-brochure_SCM_01.pdf - Page 22

http://213.41.80.15/SAP_ELearning/OKEC/nav/content/011000358700002020382006e.pdf - check page 4 last point.

hope this will be helpful.

Thanks,

Swanand Paranjape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swanand Paranjape,

The second document is clear about the Multisourcing, this is possible in ICH 5.0 (so I assume it is possible also in SNC 5.1), but could you please explain, just from an high level point of view, how it is possible to manage it?

It is just to understand which kind of setting should be done for this kind of materials.

Thank you very much!

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola

I may not be able to give detailed idea, but at highlevel

you can use scheduling agreements with these suppliers and maintain the source list for these two suppliers

Lets say Material A is being supplied by X & Y suppliers

So we have two agreements with X & Y

Now go to me01 and maintain the source list for your material and plant(SKU)

do not check fixed source....

Now maintain quota arrangement for these suppliers using extras menu

To use quota for material, need to check some functions in purchasing tab of material master like

Quota usage, source list

I hope you, this details will give you high level picture

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

is it also possible using Contract and Purchase Order or it is needed the Schedule Agreement / Schedule Lines?

Thank you again,

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola

Contracts will do

Regards

Vinod

Answers (0)