cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result format for inspection characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking for an expert on QM module who could give information on the inspections characteristics (QS21).

I created characteristics in order to retrieve data on the production environment.

For example, for the paint workshop, it should retrieve the values of temperature and humidity of the painting room and other information about the painting itself as the color, quantity or the expiry date in inspections characteristics associated to the inspection lot.

Example:

Qualitative characteristic u2018COLORu2019: result must be in string format: result = "RED"

Quantitative characteristic "TEMPERATURE": result must be in numeric format: result = "21.4" and unit of measure is degree Celcus (21,4 °C)

Qualitative characteristic "DATE OF APPLICATION": result must be in date format: result = "21.06.2011"

I created quantitative characteristics for the temperature and quantity.

I also created qualitative characteristics for predefined results in a catalog (the catalogue is customized)

But my question is :

Is it possible to create qualitative characteristics with a result in string format, or date format and how to choose the format of the result?

Thank you,

Best regards.

Benoit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Result recording with date format is not possible in SAP. (no configuration, no enhancement)

You can use a qualitative character without attribute and record 'date of application' into insepction description field.

or

You can use a quantitative character without spec. limit and record quantitative value such as 20110621.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Luke for your answer,

This will avoid me to search longer for nothing.

Best regards,

Benoit