cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message M3024: "Valuation data for material XXX is locked by user YYY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I've been searching the solution for this error of "the Valuation data for material is locked", but could not find the way to solve it.

If anyone can help to sort out? I got this error when someone doing the invoice, and another user do the GR PO (or any goods movement probably) for the same material at a same time.

Thanks,

Trang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trang,

Why would you like to change this, this is actually required for control of process, say for example if the user is going to post invoice for a GR which the Store guy is trying to reverse, then imagine the impact of this. This is required setting and you should not tamper with it.

Regards

Chandra Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra.

The problem is, the system does not distinguish if the 2 users working (invoice and reverse GR) on the same PO or not. It just locks GR this material in any PO as long as another user is invoicing on the same material.

This will cause goods movement often stuck for Store people. Considering this vs. the case of yours, user would choose to not locking... .

By the way, I think I can change system error M3024 to Warning. But I couldn't find out application M3 with message 024 in the configuration. Anyone can help? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well this is hard-coded in the program, but its better you consult SAP before going in for any change like this, Please raise an OSS and see what SAP has to say to your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.