cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing functionality for billing output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN's,

As per requirement, business needs to send invoice output to customer email directly and business needs to validate the invoice before sending to customer email .Can you please suggest how do we implement this process in as per business requirement.

I have checked current functionality, as per that business is validating the invoice before sending to customer(not email).

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

KV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do the settings to send by email (see SAP Note 960088 - FAQ: Sending SD messages externally and related notes).

After, in VV32 set the option '3', so you avoid send it immediatly. After, with tcode VF31 you can send them.

My doubt is what do you understand by verification. Where you save that this invoice is checked.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edurdo,

Thank you for quick reply.

As per the current logic design the user able to take the invoice print out & also the same invoice is saved as PDF format in his (user) local derive after that users validate the invoice and send it to customer as a final invoice.

Business requested for the same functionality before sending the output to customer email directly.

Could you please suggest how do we validate the invoice before sending to customer email.

Can you please provide steps to implement process as per requirement.

Please do needful.

Regards,

KV

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KV,

You can create other message to send it externally. You can set your own VOFM for output requirement, where you can write in ABAP your algorithm where you set that you understand as 'validation' (ie: something that you can store in database and that the VOFM could check, for instance, in a Z-table that you can mantain with SM30 set a flag as the invoice is validated), but I don't know what do you understand as 'validation' (transfer to FI, PDF downloaded, etc...).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Validation means user needs to verify the invoice before sending to customer email directly.. invoice output will send directly to customer email once the verification done by user or business so how do users will verify the invoice before sending to customer through email.. According to settings invoice output will be reach directly if we maintain the settings in output determination.. How do business will verify the invoice before sending to customer email.

Could you pleas help me out whether this would be possible or not..

Please guide me if it is possible in SAP.

Thank you.

Regards,

KV

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I understood always that you set all kind of verifications in copy rules (from SO to delivery, from delivery to invoice,...in the VOFM that you set in tcodes VTLA, VTFA and so on), in the settings for incompletion, in userexits and enhancements (for instance, do verifications between the values for all kind of fields,etc..) in any document (in SO, in delivery, in invoice). So, after you have the invoice with its accounting documents, you can set a filter or condition in a requirement for output with a VOFM subroutine.

If your customer have a policy I understand that this policy can rule the behavior of the system. Not only in one step of the flow, in all sites where you have tools to do it.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

Based on the discussion, I do have similar business requirement but with little twist, as it can never be same

I need to configure billing output via ale. which they want in email format to be sent to vistex for further processing.

Secondly this output has to be for some special customers, business will run a batch by the end of the day to push this docs for further processing to vistex.

So for this solution do I control it by output routine or maintain access sequence?

And also which transmission medium should I use?

Please suggest on this.

Thanks

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all ur help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Billing Document Type configuration you have a check box "Release to accounting". In output determination procedure against output type you need to maintain the requirement "62"

So that unless the billing document is released the output type will not be triggered.

So that business can confirm and decide the billing document.

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If business want to validate the invoice then set release for billing document.

Use the standard output type "MAIL" for reference to send email to external customers.

In the output determination procedure assign requirement "62".

Also maintain the email id in customer master.

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saju,

Can you please advice where can we maintain the setting to release the billing document for output .

Could you please provide steps to implement this process as per business requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kv

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI KV,

First you have to define output determination procedure (v10000) and assign (RD00 ) condition type this to procedure to and finally assign this procedure to billing document type

In output types use the medium as a u201CSimple Mailu201D for partner function

Also maintain condition(VV31) record for RD00 in mention transmission medium is 7-Simple mail and also in billing document click on GO TO in menu bar HEADER ,OUTPUT select medium as u201CSimple Mailu201D

Also adjust the time in request processing

Finally check SE38 run programme RSNAST00 check it

Regards,

KRISHNA