cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Differentiate between Parent & child item of material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a list of material & the Business requirement is to found that whether a material is a Parent material , Child material or Both ( a parent to other children and a child to another parent).

I tried using table KONDD & KONDDP but I was not able to differeniate between Parent & Child item.

I even cant use item category to diferentaite the two as by item categairy i can only find that it is a Prent material but cant find whether this material is a Child material or not.

Is there any table in which i can enter the Parent material & the output would be child material or any other table which contain both parent & child material.

Note : In Material determination ( VB11) , the material which is entered is Parent material & the material with which it would be replaced is Child material.

Kindly Guide.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Configurations has alredy been done so I cant do new configurations. Moreover I already have a list of materials which are already created & are used main item/sub item/or both.

I want to seperate the main items from sub items & the materials which are used as both main & sub item.

Kindly Guide

Jaagrit Hooda

SAP SD Consultant

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The wording of Parent and Child sounds like using a BOM material. In material determination...these two items can be called as Material entered and material determined or Main Item and Sub Item.

In the sales order overview screen...at line item level check the field 'HLvItem' (Higher Level Item). It will show the POSNR of the main item to which this item is linked. Since this can also happen in the case of free goods and BOM...you have make another check for these items with the item category.

If the substitue material is not determined as a sub item... you can check the material number in the field 'Material Entered' in the sales tab of the item and compare the material number with that exists in the VBAP-MATNR. If both are different, then this material can be considered as a determined material.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You mentioned that you are doing material determination .

I can suggest an alternative ,where u can set item category of child item separate from parent item.

Config your determination to have both material to be substituted or and resultant material to be present in Sales order as parent and child item . Keep line item increment to 2 or 5 instead of 10 as per number of sub items.

Now you can use item category and line item (POSNR) for identification and filtering.

Regards

Mandar