cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Notes/Supplier Text Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus....

Can you explain me what this function is and how it works...

A user in SRM 7.0 User creating a Shopping cart enters the Internal Notes and SUpplier Text.

My question:

Should the system allow the user to enter the Text in mid of Shopping Cart Approval ..?

Thanks

Arshad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Texts/notes are part of the procurement document, such as shopping cart. It is maintained by the requester of the cart during the cart creation process. Once it is ordered and goes into Awaiting Approval status, the requester is not supposed to further change the document, including adding/modifying the texts/notes, unless he/she wishes to interrupt/recall the approval process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay Yang ,thanks for your response...

I have an issue with the Internal Notes/Supplier Tetxs.

If the Shopping cart is in the mid of Approval and if the Users wishes he should be able to add the text right....,I am not sure if this is again subjected to approval process.

The Issue here is the Users are not able to add the Supplier Text or the Internal notes and the Pop-up is in the disabled state when clicked on the Hyperlink in Notes and Attachments tab page.

Please help me with a soultion if any faced the same issue.

Thanks in advance

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I mentioned before, in order to add those texts when the SC is in Awaiting Approval status, the user has to recall / interrupt the workflow process by clicking "Edit" button. After he finishes adding the texts, re-order the SC, it would go back to (resume) the approval process again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay Yang

Yeah I agree that the Shopping Cart should re-trigger the approval process upon change in Shopping Cart.

The Issue here is the Users are not able to add the Supplier Text or the Internal notes and the Pop-up is in the disabled state when clicked on the Hyperlink in Notes and Attachments tab page.

Thanks

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be your browser is blocking the pop-ups. Check your browser settings and allow pop-up from this URL.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,thanks for the response,

I am able to view the pop-up but the Pop-up test box is in disabled state,means nothing can be typed into it.

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, ae you able to edit any fields other than notes in SC while the SC is awaiting appoval?

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeesh and Jay Yang for your respones

This issue is now resolved.

Thanks

Arshad

Edited by: arshad ahmed on Jul 26, 2011 1:46 PM

vikki_williams3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please can you tell me how you resolved this issue, one of our users has just reported having the same problem

thanks

Vikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WIlliams,

This looks really funny when we find the soultion for it....

Solution below

Just right click on the Pop-up window of Supplier/Internal notes and you will see an option to unhide the invisible elements.

The User might have hidden the elements from the Box unintensionally.

Try it.....

Regards

Arshad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your kind support