cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying header with data binded to the R/3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have developed an application which uses Interactive form to generate the Invoice PDF by getting data from back end system R/3.

Now my problem is that the Header which I need to display contains some data binded with the back end system and that the Header needs to be displayed on each and every page of the Invoice.

I need to know how can we set the header so that the header is displayed on each page with the data binded to the back end system.

Immediate help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

if you need to repeat the same information( ex: logo, address, page number...) like header in all pages , then you have to place the subform in master page.

if it is a dynamic like each new invoice contains new adress, then you have place that subform in body page and set the property overflow leader.

pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pavan,

I have done the same by keeping in the Body page and then setting the property overflow leader to the subform of the body page.

But in the initial page it is being displayed properly but in the second page onwards the data is not being displayed which is being binded to the back end system.

Thanks and regards,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try in this way.

Hierachy ->>

Bodypage

|-------Subform1

|-------Subform2

If you set the overflow leader for Subform2 as Subform1. Then when ever the Subform2 flows to new page the subform1 repeats in the new page.

pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pavan,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I followed the way you have mentioned, but the overflow leader assigned to the content area of the Body page is being repeated for each page, and that too is only applicable for static text and not for data being retrieved from back end.

Suggest me how to retrieve data from back end and display it as the header for each page in the PDF.

Thanks and regards,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

There is a limitation for your requirement.The runtime data will not change in each page or it will be blank in case of header.

I have used an alternative for the forms designed from SFP .I have called the PDF in a loop in the driver program. Then a new pdf will generated for each case.

May be the alternative is assign the values through scripting.

pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pavan,

If you are in India can I have your number such that I can discuss with you regarding my problem.

Thanks,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gopi,

You can reach me @ 9448254515.Bangalore.

pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan/Gopi krishna,

Please can you go through below thread & suggest solution :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3205664

Thanks,

Swami

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

I have the same problem.Do you mind telling me how you got it resolved?

Basically I need Dates on my form as headers.These headers should be repeated each time when there is a new page.

Eg: 01/12/2009 , 02/12/2009, 03/12/2009.

I already have these as varaibles in my WD application

rgds

Praveen