cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate portal and DataServices Real time Jobs - Adaptive Webservice call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually we had a requirement to integrate portal and SAP Data services real time jobs. To do the same, the data services team exposed their real time jobs as Web-services. So from the portal we defined an Adaptive RFC to invoke the web-services and we got the results too.

But, In the Data-Services front if a new job gets added. The WSDL one given by the team earlier gets updated. Then in the portal front if we run the same WDJ application, it throws an exception like "WSDL Runtime exception - There is an inconsistency between design time and run time WSDL"

So from this scenario, if a WSDL gets updated or modified. Portal is not capable to consume the web-service further..!!!

Is there any alternate way to do the same. How to overcome this issue.. Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Which version of NWDS you are using to import the adaptive webservice model.

If you are using NWDS 7.0 you have to delete the model and recreate the model once again.

If you are using CE 7.1 you have the option to reimport the adaptive webservice model.

Just go to model and right click reimport model option will be there so in this way you can fix your issue.

Let me know which version on NWDS you are using.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using CE7.1 and I had tried re-importing the model too. But vain.

How sure are you in re-importing the model..?? Will it really fix my issue..??

Thanks,

Rajesh A

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajesh,

Once you reimport the model, it has to import the latest metadata structure.

Unfortunately some times after reimporting the model also it will not work.

If this is the case you have to ask your basis team to restart the server once.

Surely restart of the server will resolve your problem.

But in your case if the service gets changed regularly...then you have to wait untill the final webservice is given to you and then try to reimport the model.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

reimport and restart server are required for web service model.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all the issue is resolved.