cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDLS Question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am using SRM 5.5 extended Classic and ECC 6.0.

We have recently re-pointed our test systems to a different R/3 test client and have changed some of the logical system names manually before running BDLS.

Please can you advise what will happen if I now run BDLS to change all of the other Logical system names that we did not change manually? Will there be any errors caused by this and will BDLS ignore those we have changed already or do you advise we revert them all back and then run BDLS? Or is there a way we can just exclude those before running BDLS?

Please can someone advise as this is the first time I have done this and I dont want to get it wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pete

Thank you for coming back to me.

We had SRQCLNT300 pointing to ERQCLNT300 and now it has been changed to SRQCLNT300 pointing to ERQCLNT315 which is a copy of ERQCLNT300.

The RFC destinations were changed by the Basis Team and then we started to change the EBP and R/3 Logical system names manually as at the time were not aware of BDLS.

Therefore we do not know what the implications would be to now run BDLS if we have already changed some of the logical system names manually.

Hope this makes more sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay, first of all, try and never change the logical systemname manually as you now know that you cannot find out everyplace where it needs to be changed.

My suggestion to you is to manually revert it back in those places where you changed it and then run the conversion from BDLS. I am assuming that you know how to do so in BDLS.

After BDLS, you can go back to these locations to just have a look whether they got changed by BDLS or not, but I am sure they would have.

Do post if you need any more help on this.

Regards,

Shitij

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to everyone that helped with this problem.

We reverted everything back to what it was originally before running BDLS and everything changed to the correct logical system as we required.

We did miss one table entry but after you run BDLS it just notifies you at the bottom (in red) that there was an entry there that could not be changed and advises you it has to be done manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BDLS t code you have a option to exclude which tables you want to exclude.I hope i have got your question you said that you have changed some entries and now you want to exclude them you can exclude them in bdls t code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You normally run BDLS for each logical system name seperatly so I don't quite understand your question.

Is it something like this:

You have two logical systems ABC & XYZ. You have run BDLS changing ABC to XYZ and now you want to change XYZ to ABC?

In that case you can't exclude the Logical systems already processed. If not please explain a little further

Cheers

Pete