Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove ABAP roles from a User if the roles have already been deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we have the following problem.

We have deleted a ABAP role from the system.

We have not deleted this from the users that had it assigned.

Now in Su01 in the Roles Tab we see Roles with the "Type" field Blank.

The only way to remove these roles from the user is to go user by user and this is very slow.

Does anyone have a better way to do it?

Thx in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the only way is to remove role user by user.

0 Kudos

What if you ran PFUD with clean-up option? tables USR12 and UST10S would be compared - if user still has corresponding profile associated with the role you have deleted - then the profile related authorizations would be removed from user buffer. I hope this may solve your issue. By the way, role deletion should automatically mean deletion of user assigment for that role? Is this issue due to deletion transport of role i.e you deleted the role in Dev and facing the issue of removing role from user in SU01 in a quality system?

Best Regards

Prashant

0 Kudos

Thx Prashant, we have approached this now using PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY , and this has removed the roles for all the users that has roles that had been deleted. (think this actually uses your tcode PFUD).

We are not sure what Our service provider has done when created the transport for deleting the roles from DEV and then in the rest of the landscape...but one thing they did not do is remove the role from the users

Thx for your answer. This has been very usefull.

Denis