cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLBPC1 - Create Business Partner from Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest what could be the reason that i will be getting error message while FLBPC1 stating "the vendor-1055123 is already assgined to business partner-1055123"

Regards,

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shankar,

This only happens when you have already created a BP using same vendor. Since the vendor is already assigned to BP, system gives error at the time of FLBPC1. Please check your BP master, it must be available with same number.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for immediate response..have checked it through T-Code: BP as per your suggestion..yes..the Business partner-1055123 is there with the same vendor number-1055123.

My concern is why is it giving the Business partner number as same as vendor number? Because, all the time i was getting success log that the vendor-100123 is been assigning to BP-111112.

Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Having activated synchronous creation of BP from vendor/customer and maintained the similar number ranges, we expect the BP number to be same as that of vendor/customer. Only necessaryabl check should be that number ranges for BP should be external.

You can also review the Vendor group assignments to BP groups. However, I think your system is working fine if it is assigning the same numbers, this is what is expected out of it. Can you please elaborate if I am missing something between the lines..

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for the suggestion. Infact, i wiil be getting different BP number range success log than vendor whenever BP is created from vendor in DEV and QAS client through FLBPC1. Only in PRD, i m getting the BP code same as vendor code.

Kindly suggest what should be the configuration at DEV and QAS and PRD client.

Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shankar,

This might be happening as in dev or quality system initially when the system was configured they might have tested the creation of vendors from BP but it might not have created Vendor but BPs were created. so u see a gap between the BP and vendor. but in production when the BP were created all the config was in place and it created vendors as soon as u created a BP so the numbers are same.

Same number range does not mean that the numbers of BP and Vendors have to be same. if by any reason the system skips the vendor creation u will have the different numbers for BP and vendors even with same number range.

Same is true for vice versa case i.e. creating BP from Vendors.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

As Deepak explained below, usually there is a gap in process of creation of Vendor vis - a - vis BP in DEV & QAS, but in PRD it never happens.

Also, in DEV & QAS if you want the number ranges to be same, just compare the BP number ranges with vendor number ranges, if there is a gap between them, (I expect Vendor number is greater than BP number), remove the difference by creating vendors but not extending them as BP (else, define a totally new number range for vendor & BP and check the BP number range as external and then test creating one master).

It should match. Hope it helps.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you..Deepak and Rohit..for your valuable suggestion..

Regards,

shankar