cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order header & Item texts wiped out when sold to party is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My client has a requirement where in, they want the header and item texts of sales order to remain same though the sold party is changed.

In general, SAP wipes out the header and item texts if the sold to party is changed.

After some search on SDN, i came to know that the user exits USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_H and USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_I can be used to control the texts. But in the structure of TVCOM i didn't find any filed through which i can control the structures.

Please help me.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the different solutions provided.

I got a solution to my problem. There is no standard way of doing it. I have controlled the texts through program itself.

My problem was, when sold to party is changed and press ENTER, then the texts maintained used to wipe out. So, what i did was, after pressing ENTER and before SAVE, i read the texts from the database using the standard function module.

The standard function modules that i have used are:

1) SD_GET_TEXTNAME

2) DELETE_TEXT_FROM_CATALOG - After the deletion of texts, the system would maintain them catalog saying these texts were deleted, hence we cannot read the texts using READ_TEXT. So, to delete them from catalog, i have used this FM.

3) READ_TEXT

4) SAVE_TEXT

From the table STXH, you can get the text ids for which the texts were maintained before wipe out.

After the header texts are deleted, the user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_H would be called.

After the item texts are deleted, the user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_I would be called.

I have written my code in the above said user exits.

Thanks.

Regards.

Ravi Varma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you change the sold-to party,system will redetermine the below data

--All business partners and data that arise from the sold-to party

--Texts

--Free goods

--Prices

--Output

--Profitability segment

--Data from the sales information record (such as the customer material number)

--The system redetermines the plant if the system reads info records according to the sales order type, or the ship-to party changes

--The system redetermines shipping points and routes if the shipping conditions change

Preassigning the Sold-to Party

You can use a default sold-to party if, when working with sales documents, you need to enter the items first and wait until the end before you enter the sold-to party (for example, for telephone sales). The default sold-to party allows you to create the sales order and save it before entering the real sold-to party.

When you create the default sold-to party in the customer master, note the following:

There is an indicator in the customer master that allows you to replace the default sold-to party later with the real sold-to party. If the indicator is activated, and the default sold-to party has not been replaced, it appears as an incomplete field in the incompletion log. This indicator is in the customer master under Extras ® Account group info ® Customer types (Default SP field)

You can save the default sold-to party as a default value for a particular user for all the sales document types by going to System -->User settings -->Own data, choosing the Parameters tab page and saving parameter VAU for the default sold-to party.

V45T0001 Customer exits text determination V45W0001. Try with user exit.

Regards,

Saju.S

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

As you are aware this system behaviour is the standard design of the system. It is required to ensure the wrong text from the previous customer does not remain in the sales order.

In release 4.6C there was a program error where this functionality did not work correctly. It was corrected with note 317802. If this system behaviour is required by your business you could review the code changes in this note and reverse them. Please be aware that this modification would not be supported and would be subject to the conditions in note 170183.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe