cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student of IS has got a few questions about GRC Process Control 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am a student of Information Systems and currently writing on my Bachelor Thesis in which I am implementing SAP BO Process Control 10.0. Although I found extensive info material of SAP itself, there are still some open questions. I am wondering whether you people can answer me a few questions:

1) Is the Installation of the NetWeaver Business Client mandatory and for which issue do I need it?

2) Do I need to install the Portal? If yes for which usecase?

3) Since Process Control does the monitoring of the controls within the SAP ERP system, where (in the Process Control application) do I have to make the connection to the ERP system and how?

4) Are there any differences between Process Control 3.5 and Process Control 10.0 considering the installation und customization process? If not I can just use the installation guidelines for pc 3.5, right?

These are quite a lot questions, I am very aware of that, but I would really appreciate it if you could at least answer a few. Maybe you can share your documentation which would make it much easier for me.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Bernhard Lichtinger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard

am sure you have figured out the error. But there is more configuration that needs to be done in the IMG under the Governance, Risk and Compliance area for PC in order to start using it. Suggest you go through all the main documentation, master, Install, security and and security guides for GRC 10.0 to make sure you have done everything.

thanks

Elizabeth

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Elizabeth is absolutely correct. But one thing I am not able to understand in your query

"Global Compliance Structure" in the SAPGUI and execute "Evaluation Management"

But as of my knowledge in GRC 10.0 there is no "Global Compliance Structure" . it was a 3.0 tab and has been replaced by Master Data Tab. I might have misunderstood your issue. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

you're right. But it seems that I managed it somehow, to get the legacy system (pc 3.0) integrated in the pc 10.0, so this option exists, too.

The Rabax State error, was due to a customization error, I've figured out in the meantime.

I managed it to fully install and customize pc 10.0 in order to monitor a procure to pay process within sap erp (with ides running on it).

Anyway thanks for your helps.

Kind regards

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

answers are as below:

1) Is the Installation of the NetWeaver Business Client mandatory and for which issue do I need it?

No,

2) Do I need to install the Portal? If yes for which usecase?

it is not mandatory. if you want to see reports then you need portal.

3) Since Process Control does the monitoring of the controls within the SAP ERP system, where (in the Process Control application) do I have to make the connection to the ERP system and how?

in sap GRC server use tcode SM59 to connect backend systems.

4) Are there any differences between Process Control 3.5 and Process Control 10.0 considering the installation und customization process? If not I can just use the installation guidelines for pc 3.5, right?

PC 3.5 and PC 10.0 there are differences in terms of installation. becacuse PC 10.0 is on ABAP and PC 3.5 is on java.but in the view of concept PC 10.0 is not different from 3.5

Thanks

Kevin

Nasha Technologies

www.NashaTech.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answers. This was very helpful for me.

Currently I am installing PC according to this guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/005313a7-4d4e-2e10-9787-905de0b84...

But when I open e.g. "Global Compliance Structure" in the SAPGUI and execute "Evaluation Management" I get the following error message:

Error in CHECKBOX_GROUP "REGULATION_CHECKBOX" of view "GRPC_REPORT_SELECTION.SELECTION": Value "0" is not permitted for property colCount

The error occurred on the application server grc1_P02_02 and in the work process. 2

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

Do you know what this error is all about? I can't image the answer to this. Maybe it got something to do with missing data, this is what the checkbox message tells me ... But I don't know for sure. Is there anything to import from the erp system after making the connection in sm59 ?

I would really appreciate it, if you people can give me a hand on this.

Thanks in advance !

Kind regards

Bernhard Lichtinger