SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference field value Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Retail Experts,

We have diff two DC sites which has diff RP parameters to be maintained. we have maintained common parameters to reference article in MC which is getting copied to article while carrying out listing procedure. System is copying RP parameters of RFDC view of reference article to newly created article to all DC sites which we want to make it site specific coping.

We are looking to influence reference field copying to diff. DC - Is there any ways from which we can do some coding where system will pick RP parameters from respective DC views of reference article.

thks & rgds,

10 REPLIES 10

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

The reference article(s) could be maintained for each DC; change the validity area when maintaining the reference article.

0 Kudos

Thks Paul for your reply. let me elaborate more on the issue with example.

DC : 1000

DC : 2000

For DC 1000 - RP group, Planning Strategy group, special procurement field values are different than DC 2000.

Now, system is copying values from RFDC view of reference article. Reference article RFDC field values will be copied to both 1000 and 2000 DCS view of newly create article while doing listing.

We have already maintained two DC views (1000 & 2000) of reference article, now we want to have copying of field values maintained according to respective DC .

Ideally our requirement is when we create new article and do listing than system should pick field values as per field values maintained by respective DC of reference article.

0 Kudos

My understanding is that this is not possible without customization. This is because there is only 1 reference DC in the system for Retail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you still want to know a solution for this query.

This can be done without customisation using standard SAP using the concept of REFSITE ( transaction).

If you are still working on this issue, let me know so that I can write it in detail.

Regards

Prabhu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Would you please elaborate in details ? How can we achieve this without implementing BADI of reference handling ?

Thanks for your participation.

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu:

I have not seen this usage of REFSITE, and this question is not uncommon. Please do explain in detail.

- Paul

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu:

I believe that you have missed the main point: The requirement is for logistics DC view, not other views.

For article maintenance, REFSITE functionality is only used in transaction MASS_MARC. Using MASS_MARC, you are able to maintain the data for reference DCs defined by REFSITE functionality. But this is not possible for all site specific fields.

For MM42 and other options (BAPI methods, ALE using ARTMAS, mass maintenance transactions MM46 or WRFMASSMAT), the REFSITE functionality is not used. That means that it is not possible to maintain data for a reference DC specified by REFSITE functionality and expect that these changes will be copied to the dependent stores/DCs according to the REFSITE settings.

Without customization, in IS-Retail the global reference DC is the only possible reference DC. A change in the global reference DC will be always copied for all fields that are included in copy handling and where no deviations exist for the field.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I know that the field will not get populated automatically from the REFSITE reference stores.

However it will copy the value maintained in the REFSITE reference store/DC for the first time when the article is listed .

In any case if any field is different from the Global Reference DC/Store then it will not be populated when the Refernce DC is changed.

May I know why my earlier message was removed ?

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to look at a code solution check out BADI_ARTICLE_REF_RT in transaction SE18. This is quite flexible for controlling reference handling (for example I've used a Z table to control population of MARC values with a lookup during listing depending on sales organisation).

cheers

Marcus