cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO not working for Application Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is: SOAP -> PI -> ECC (for processing timesheets).

In my SOAP sender adapter I have set the Quatliy of Service as 'Exactly Once in Order' and defined the queue name in the URL.

The queue is working fine and when I look in the SXMB_MONI in both PI and ECC I can see the queue name.

When there is a 'System Error' on ECC, the subsequent messages are scheduled - which is correct.

In the situation when the inbound proxy on ECC is processing a message and finds that the Payroll is already running, we raise an exception. In the SXMB_MONI of ECC you will now see the message as 'Application Error' in order to allow a manual restart of that message at a later time. However, if subsequent messages are sent to ECC, they ignore the message in 'Application Error' state and get processed. They do not go into a Scheduled state - which is what I want.

Is there any way to ensure the messages go into a Scheduled state for a message that has an 'Application Error'. Or the other option I was thinking was to raise a 'System Error' within my Inbound proxy on ECC rather than an 'Application Error'. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Krishneel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishneel,

this is unusual behavior. If you raise error and message gets the Application error, do you still see it in queue or it's removed from queue?

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yes I still see the message in the queue.

Thanks,

Krishneel