cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Dynamic connection issue ORA-04043 Database Vendor Code 4043

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Ii am getting dynamic connection issue with Crystal Report 2008 and Business View Manager, i have Oracle database,

i have done following steps

1 Creating Dynamic Connection (including two connection XDC & YDC)

2. Creating Data Foundation (Common object available in both connection ie. stored procedure)

3. Creating Business View (with selected number of elements in business element, like firsta name, lastname)

I have verified database connectivity from Business view manager, both the connection are working fine bringing different number of rows from two different schemas (different schema but same objects in two schemas)

4. Database connectivity to different database schemas

5. Connectivity from Crystal Report (done the connectivity from the repository to business view )

6. Report Connectivity with first schema shows records

7 Report Connectivity with second schemas shows error

as follows Failed to retrive data from the database & on clicking of detail i get following error

Crystal Reports

-

Database Connector Error: 'ORA-04043: object HR.EXCEPTION_REPORT_SUB1_PROC [Database Vendor Code: 4043 ]'

Q first of all i need to know if dynamic connection using business view manager and crystal report technically possible or not, if yes then please let me know the solution, since we did verified with SQL database and ite work with two different database.

Q if not possible then are there any options to resolve dynamic deployment of crystal report over multiple schemas with crystal report 2008

Any help or suggestion will be appriciated, hope some one might have got similar issue

Thanks in advance

Edited by: smunir on Jul 12, 2011 9:18 AM

Edited by: smunir on Jul 12, 2011 9:41 AM

Edited by: smunir on Jul 12, 2011 9:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have resolved this by setting parameters like use owner and use catalog

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's an object does not exist error, so there is either a permissions issue - the connection user cannot see the object - or a mal-formed piece of SQL. Check your code is correct and the privileges for the connection are correct too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i use same credentials in Tod or sqlplus it works perfect and gives appropriate results. But when i use same credentials using business view manager, the very first connection works but the second connection does not work

Please suggest!

Regards,

<<smunir>>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recheck the second query and that the user connection involved has the correct permissions. It most likely won't be a Crystal issue if one's working and the other is not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i found is while doing dynamic connection it is not switching to second connection, it still try to look for first connection? why is that when it is dynamic connection it should switch as per the selected connection

i am frustrating with this defect

Regards,

<<smunir>>

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, at least you know why you're getting the error - there are obviously items in the second query that don't exist in the first connection. I'd suggest contacting your SAP support desk, whether it be SAP or a third party - they may have prior experience of this and after all, it's what you pay your maintenance fees for!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have resolved this issue, there are two properties while doing connection like "User Owner" & "User Catalog" by default these properties are True, while trying different options we just made them false. and it works nicely.

Thanks for suggestion

<<mshaikh>>

0 Kudos

Moved to BV forum