cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS notification and then SOAP Service invocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario wherein a 3rd party would publish a message in a JMS queue and on receipt of that, I have to invoke a synchronous SOAP Service.

Please tell me what is possible solution other than BPM.

I am using PI 7.1 and ECC 6.0

regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

You can create a JMS to SOAP scenario.

In case of Synchornus processing without BPM and if you need to process the SOAP response then you can use the below modules.

RequestResponseBean

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/20c210c20a0732e10000000a155369/content.htm

ResponseOnewayBean

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/20cc5dc2180733e10000000a155369/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks ..

I need to process the SOAP receiver message in SAP ECC.

So, I was thinking of creating 2 scenarios for this:

1) JMS Sender to Proxy receiver. (ASYN)

2) Proxy Sender to SOAP receiver(SYNCH) [This outbound proxy would be invoked from the Inbound proxy of 1]

Please suggest if this is right approach.

regards,

Piyush

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, I was thinking of creating 2 scenarios for this:

1) JMS Sender to Proxy receiver. (ASYN)

2) Proxy Sender to SOAP receiver(SYNCH) This outbound proxy would be invoked from the Inbound proxy of 1

So you need to Process the message to both the system.

JMS messge should go to to ECC

JMS message should go to SOAP

if this is the case then you can send the same JMS message to 2 different receivers.

in receiver determination you need to add 2 receivers.

1st will be ECC receiver

2nd will be SOAP receiver

If you you need to process the JMS data in ECC and after some conversion in ECC you need to pass that updated data to SOAP:

Then Your first scenario receiver proxy should be synchronus.

Synchronus response from first recever proxy should triger the second interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there was some confusion in our undertsanding.

I do not need to process JMS receiver in ECC.It is just a trigger point after which a SOAP service needs to be invoked, the response of which is stored in SAP.

Thus I was planning to create two scenarios.

I am pretty sure that this approach woudl work. Just want to confirm if this approach is appropriate OR can it lead to any issues later on ?

regards,

Piyush

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

if you dont need to process any data in ECC then why you are creating proxy?

You can create a simple JMS to direct SOAP scenario.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Just want to confirm if this approach is appropriate OR can it lead to any issues later on ?

You can also try the below design:

JMS --> PI (SOAP lookup) --> Proxy ....may be then you will have only one scenario to be configured.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABhishek,

Thats a good idea, but I would not want to invoke SOAP API from the standard adpater without any java coding. This is to ensure easy maintenance.

Can you please comment on the solution that I have proposed?

regards,

Piyush

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the business intends to have less (or no) coding then you can split the scenario like the one you mentioned above.

in terms of maintaining the scenario even proxy can go wrong....suppose the inbound proxy goes into some error while calling the outbound sync proxy then you will have to think on how to handle this case....manually trigger the proxy....place the file again once the error is resolved....etc..

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just Few cents..

IMHO, Doing webservice lookup during mapping can cause lot of unknown issues. Very hard to monitor and prone errors. Unless your webservice request structure is simple dont go for it. I think split your scenario to two different is fairly simple and has clarity. Your idea is better.