cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Changeable" check box grayed out in Process level evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could somebody brief me about Process controlled Workflow's flow. Well i did read the documentation but i got some doubts that werent clarified anywhere.

Well one such is that while describing the process level evaluation in SPRO in the process level configuration i find in the table the last column "Changeable" to be checked for the decision type 3 or 4 when the process level is Approval with completion. But it seems that the "Changeable" check box always remains grayed out (frozen).

Is there anyway it could be unchecked? When does it remain active for change? (even on trying to change the conditions remains inactive).

And what is the significance of the "Changeable" check box?

Will be really helpful if someone helps me out with these questions.

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with the following combination. It should have the "Changes Allowed" flag activated.

Level Type - Approval with Completion

Task ID - 40007952

"Changes Allowed" flag will let the approvers for that process level to complete the shopping cart while approving. Basically, when the approval goes to buyers they may want to change the quantity, Delivery date or other change allowed fields. However, it will not retrigger the workflow process.

And also, you cannot use Approval with Completion step after Approval Only Level type. Meaning, all the Buyer approval with completion happens before Finance approval kicks in (SL Approval).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Thanks a lot for ur response.

Well I tried the combination but still the change flag is checked and frozen.

And could u elaborate on the statement "Buyer approval completion happens before Finance approval kicks off in (SL Approval)".

So the buyer u mean here, is he the requester of the document?

I mean that if X created a shopping cart then he is the buyer, right? In my knowledge when X creates a SC then a workitem is created and then if the line items in the SC have 2 cost centre approvers then 2 workitems are triggered and the approval workflow comes in.

So where does buyer approval come in the flow?

Well if you could eleborate on the statement it would be really helpful.

Regards,

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the flag 'changeble' check box will be always grayed out.. when you change the process level type as 'Approval with completion' the check box will be enabled automatically but will always grayed out only... this option is given to PCW where the system determine approver of this process level can change the SC and inquire about the SC to requestor.. most of the time this option will give to the procurement department where buyer will update the SC with correct values..

So the buyer u mean here, is he the requester of the document?

NO.. Buyer will work in procurement department . who will process your SC into PO...

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your response. The info was really helpful.

Well one more query is it like in the Process level evaluation there could be only one "Approval with completion"? In what scenario could I have more than one"Approval with completion" process levels ? An example will be helpful...

And with your previous response I understand that "Approval with completion" process gives the "inquire" priviliege as the "Changeable" check box is checked. So the "inquire" privilege is that the approver can change the SC; say the quantity and send it back to the requestor and the requestor can accept or reject the change. But doesnt this restart the workflow process?

Your response will help me a lot.

Thanx & Regards,

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will not restart the workflow process rather the workflow will continue the flow... Please review the example below..

Step1 - Requestor creates a SC and workflow will get started.

Step2 - Approver A reduced the quantity of SC item and approves it..

Step 3 - The SC will go back to Requestor (Owner of the SC) to get the acceptance..

Step 4 - Once the requestor accept the changes, SC will move to next approval level (If there is no approval level configured then automatic step will get executed)..

Also just for your information even if you selected approval with completion with decision type 3 or 4 change flag will be unchecked... If you need more information on this let know..

Hope this will help you...

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for your response.

I did check by giving a process level as "Approval with completion" but the changeable check box was automatically checked and frozen. But when i gave the process level as "Approve" the box is unchecked automatically.

Is it by what Saravanan said the the checking of the changeable is automatic depending on the process level?

Well i remember reading in the SAP documentation that if a document is created or changed the workflow starts from first !!!

In what instance does that happen?

Also it will be useful if you tell me the flow of the Workflow; say like I know that WS40000014 is the master workflow and WS40000016 is the completion workflow, how so is it like after the evaluation the completion workflow is called from the process level ???Also can u elaborate on the role played by BRF (Business Rule Framework) here and where it comes in the workflow cycle.

Your reply will help a lot.

Regards,

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u201CI did check by giving a process level as "Approval with completion" but the changeable check box was automatically checked and frozen. But when i gave the process level as "Approve" the box is unchecked automatically.u201D

Please read my statement carefully, Level type - "approval with completion" and Decision Type - "3 or 4" changeable check box will be automatically unchecked and frozenu2026Itu2019s depending on the combination of Level type and Decision Type youu2019re selecting... Even Saravanan trying to explain the same...

u201CWell i remember reading in the SAP documentation that if a document is created or changed the workflow starts from first !!!

In what instance does that happen?u201D

Workflow restart will happen only when you pull back a SC or PO from u201CAwaiting for Approvalu201D status in order to change anything...

u201CAlso it will be useful if you tell me the flow of the Workflow; say like I know that WS40000014 is the master workflow and WS40000016 is the completion workflow, how so is it like after the evaluationu2026u2026u2026u201D

BRF is the real master piece in process controlled workflow, when a requestor start creating a SC (for Example) the BRF events will start triggering and also BRF events are the one responsible to start the workflowu2026

Note: workflow will get started once the SC is orderedu2026

Let me know for any more questionsu2026

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me the significance of the entry "RR_EMPLOYEE" and i know its to specify the employee, but where the name of the responsible person is maintained?

Thanks in advance

Catherine

Answers (0)