cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output determination during delete order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per requirement, When a unprocessed order(which doesn't have any further documents) is deleted in SAP, it has to update certain Z tables. How can this be achieved using using Output determination/ output types?

How does output determination works during order deletion?

Thank You in advance.

Thanks

Challa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to do as required, i.e. to get the deleted sales order stored in a Z table through the output type.

Check with your technical consultant if the system stores a deleted sales order in any table and if it does than you can get it from there and display in the report. If the system does not save the deleted order then the only other way is to use the Reason of rejection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to do as required, i.e. to get the deleted sales order stored in a Z table through the output type.

Check with your technical consultant if the system stores a deleted sales order in any table and if it does than you can get it from there and display in the report. If the system does not save the deleted order then the only other way is to use the Reason of rejection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Output determination has no role during order deletion.

Kindly clarify what is that you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is - when a sales order is deleted in SAP(not setting reason for rejection), i need a custom table updated with the number of the order deleted, date and time of deletion. There are several ways of accomplishing this - put some custom code in user exits. I want to check if this can be accomplished using output type.

So my question - Is output determined during the order deletion process? If output determination happens, I can create an output type and assign a custom program with the logic to update Z-table.

Thank You

Bhaskar

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To update the Z table, use the USEREXIT_DELETE_DOCUMENT in include MV45AFZZ (see the comments).

For output control, see SAP Note 960611 - FAQ: Output control in Sales and Distribution, question 2. It says that you have the report SD70AV1A to process messages for SO.

Note 701163 - Correction report pricing create a ZZ subroutine in MV45AFZZ with a SUBMIT, so I understand that it's possible alghough I have doubts if it'd be advisable, but you can try to do a SUBMIT to SD70AV1A before update the Z-TABLE, but check it and be careful. For instance, be sure that the message exists in table NAST and so on, to avoid error messages.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PS: Other idea, cleaner than my first anwer. See SAP Note 32662 - User name added to new condition table. Perhaps you can enhance KOMKBV2 with any indicator of deletion and so, it could control the output scheme in a VOFM subroutine. For instance, if you are deleting, T180-TRTYP = 'L'. It's other idea.

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Jul 12, 2011 6:19 PM

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can very well delete the sales order.But best practice is to enter reason of rejection.

To delete the sales order- Enter your sales order number in VA02.

click on sales document,select delete and follow the prompts.

System deletes all types of condition(Output,Pricing etc..) records after you delete sales order.

thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I want to understand how output determination works when an order is deleted in tcode VA02. I know the traditional way - instead of deleting the order, assign a reason for rejection. But if there is a requirement to carry out independent functions after the order is deleted, how can this be handled through output determination? I want to understand how output determination works during order deletion.

Thank You

Challa

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Challa,

I am also wondering what kind of requirement is this..

Suggestion give by PJ is good. In fact reason for rejection is the best tool to track down why the orders were cancelled.

Even we use it to analyse this and provide client the data.

Regards,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no link between the output determination and order deletion...kindly be more clear in your requirement.

Why does the business wants to first create order, later delete them and again store them in Z tables, if the reason for all this activity is to have a track of orders that have been deleted due to cancellations or any such reasons then it would be better if you create some REASONS OF REJECTIONS as per the requirement (reasons for order cancellations) and assign them to the orders that need to be cancelled so that the business can have a track as to why the ordrers have been cancelled and due to which reason there were more cancellations.

You can have a Z report developed so that it displays the cancelled orders and their reasons, the same can also be seen in the standard reports VA05 but int eh Z report you can include number of other columns for better analysis.