cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Documentation Assistant: RBPD

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

RBPD (Reverse Business Process Documentation) - Is this possibly only with Solman 7.1 or can this be performed using Solman 7.0 as well?

Does anyone have a "How-to" on this function using Solution Documentation Assistant?

Any inputs, documentation, materials, etc. is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is only for solman 7.1 and as far as I know there is currently no documents about it released.

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are new documentations for RBPD available take a look into the follwoing Link: http://service.sap.com/rbpd

Regards

Bernd Sieren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to SAP documentation (SolMan 7.1) there are few options of creating an Analysis Project, including:

1. Creating an Analysis Project based on a SAP Solution Manager project or Solution, and than updating the SolMan project (structure element, transactions etc.) according to the analysis results

2. Creating an Analysis Project without a project/solution reference, and autometicaly creating a new SolMan Project (structure elements, transactions etc.) according to the Analysis Project results

a) Reverse-documenting a solution, what is the advantage of the first option over the second one?

b) Is it necessary (a must) to use the SAP Business Process Repository when creating the SolMan Project at the first option? Will structure elements and transaction (etc.) manuly-added won't be comperable to the analysing report?

Best Regards,

Adi

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

So no one has the requested info?

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Fabricius/Paul,

Thank you for your responses.

A follow-up question - I have repeatedly been told that using Solman 7.0 a BPH (with tcodes and img objects mapped) can be created using workload data from EWA. Is this true? Now assume that there is no Template/Implementation project in the Solman 7.0 system that contains any business process structure. Is this possible? If so, can you direct me to specific documentation? I couldn't find this in the solman-rkt link for 7.0.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos
I have repeatedly been told that using Solman 7.0 a BPH (with tcodes and img objects mapped) can be created using workload data from EWA.  Is this true? 

Yes, plz see my response below

Now assume that there is no Template/Implementation project in the Solman 7.0 system that contains any business process structure. Is this possible?

Here is path for how to go about it:

Even if you do not have an implementation/template project you have some documentation that contains information about what was done to test the implementation? Something like a test script i.e. an Integration Test Script.

Just create some mock project and select the most revelant business scenario from the Business Process Repository (a.k.a BPR - The preconfigured out of the box scenario list that SAP delivers with SolMan) that you want to reverse engineer, for example Order to Cash process. Now you must have some scripts with you, that will act as the path to show u what transactions you run in your business process like VA01 , VA02 etc...

As a next step, Now use the BPR and the test script as a starting point to define your project. and then run the SoDoCa to do its analysis for the same project and there will be an option to update your SolMan project within the SoDoCa workcenter. The work is iterative and will require the O2C configurator's assistance at one point, even though you have a test script with you.

Since you use the BPR hte configuration comes out of the box, which explains how SAP attempts to let you reverse engineer.

There will be possible gaps and it will require continuous review eventually, which is part of keeping up the Business process documentation current.

If so, can you direct me to specific documentation? I couldn't find this in the solman-rkt link for 7.0.

I believe the RKT documentation does not have this information and in the ramp up process we were told about this being available in 7.1 with more added functionality.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello.

The Documentation that is currently available for "Solution Docement Assistant" can be found at this link.

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000090042&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

The specific function you are looking for is in a version (7.1) has not yet been released, and therefore there will not be any official documentation available. Perhaps someoen involved in the ramp-up program have some notes to share in the interm?

Regards,

Paul