cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital signature verification failed - Error RTCCTOOL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys !!!

I am running the report from the SDCCNN - RTCCTOOL, but I get the following error message:

1. Digital signature verification failed

Description - The verification of the recommendation content using digital signatures has failed. Therefore recommendations were suppressed.

Implementation - Consult SAP note 69455 if there is a known issue with content verification. If you do not find a solution open a customer message on SV-SMG-SDD.

When I Goto - Digital signatures Activate button digital content verification is disabled.

Then go to the transaction on the client STRUST 000 and I found the certificate: SSF SAP AGS Online Content View The certificate shows:

Owner: CN=SID SSF SAP AGS Online Content Verification, OU=I0020596183, OU=SAP Web AS, O=SAP Trust Community, C=DE

Certificate List: CN=Online Recommendations, CN=OR-C, CN=V01M, OU=AGS, O=SAP AG, C=DE

CN=Online Recommendations Upd, CN=OR-U, CN=V01M, OU=AGS, O=SAP AG, C=DE

Both certificates will expire on 01.01.2038.

According to the help and OSS note 69455 tell me again that I must create this certificate every year, but I see this current certificate, what is the error?

What is the process because I'm not clear and can not find another OSS note or the SDN forum to tell me what is wrong is happening.

Thanks guys for the help I can provide.

Desiré

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Please execute these steps to fix:

1) Run report /SSA/NXS from SE38. Choose

[Clear all local recommendations to force a full refresh]

and press F8 Execute.

2) run RTCCTOOL from SE38. Choose List->Refresh from SAPNet.

3) Go out of RTCCTOOL and once more restart RTCCTOL from SE38.

Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys.

Solved the problem.

First update the levels of Addons:

ST-A/PI: 01M_ECC600 to 01N_700ECC

ST-PI: 2008_1_700 level 0002 to 004

Then follow the procedure indicates MJ: Run RTCCTOOL from SE38. Choose Lis t-> Refresh from SAPNet again, this working.

Thank you all for your opinions and help

Desiree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I solved the problem as follows:

1. Tx STRUST --> recreate the certificate SSF SAP AGS Online Content Ver

2. Tx SA38 --> RTCCTOOL and check

Bye,

Hernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

The steps worked for me !

Thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had the same problem on several systems. It lasted a few days, however everything is working fine today and we didn't even do anything.

We've experienced similar problems before, RTCCTOOL stops working with excactly the same error message (digital signature verification failed), and then suddenly works again.

Can it be that there is some kind of problems in connection to SAP?

M.

former_member195313
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Together ,

Please try the following solution ;

Go to --> Digital Signatures --> DEACTIVATE and ACTIVATE again.

Solution for "Verification PSE Failed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

To resolve this issue, 1st go to tcode STRUST --> open up the SSF SAP Online Content Ver, then double click on the instance name, such as <hostname>_<sdi>_##, --> delete all the selected certificates, --> Save.  2nd go run the RTCCTOOL again, choose Menu Go to --> Digital Signatures, Click on Deactivate, then Activate, (this will cause the system to regenerate the Certificates in STRUST,. 3rd, run the RTCCTOOL again, this time, the error should go away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.
I have the same problem and explore all possible solutions found in this discussion and others without satisfactory result.
Everything points that may be an inconsistency error external certificate which is in the DB. Anyone know how to fix this.

Greetings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please indicate what you get when you doub-click on the red-lights when after your Step 1. Digitial Verfication Check fails? Thanks,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MJ

When I doub-click on the red-lights the popup show me:

Verification of note/packet 0001320940 failed with rc 77

I check the oss 1320940 note but I do not understand what is wrong?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per this Note 1320940 you need ST-A/PI 01M* SP01 and then additionaly implement the 1511761 ST-A/PI 01M SP1: /SSA/EKR BPA - Various corrections

May be you can try to update this and then give a try again.

Regards,

Subhash

0 Kudos

Well... I have ST-A/PI 01N (not M).

In note 1320940, they tell me to implement note "1570282 Advance Corr. BPMon ST-A/PI 01N".

But this note does not exist on Market Place... (An SAP note with the number requested could not be found.)

Olivier

0 Kudos

I finally succeded in downloading and implementing note 1570282 and it changed... nothing.

What's strange is the message I got when i "activated" digital signature:

• Create Verification PSE ***

Verification PSE file SAP_AGS_OLCNT_VERIFY.pse successfully created

STRUST application SAPAGS successfully created in client 000

Certificate delivered in code was put to PSE file

Certificate version C 01M was put to PSE file

What means the"C 01M" ?

Olivier

0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I'm facing the same issue on my ECC6 SPS15 system.

Ran transaction SE38 / Report RTCCTOOL / Got message "Digital signature verification failed"

I went to menu "Goto" / "Digital Signatures" then I desactivated and re-activated digital signatures but it didn't change anything.

I also have the certificate in client 000 / trx STRUST / SSF SAP AGS Online Content which is "Green" and expires "01.01.2038".

ST-A/PI is 01N_700ECC.

ST-PI is 2008_1_700 level 4 (SAPKITLRD4).

I'll continue to work on this issue and report eventual found information/solution on this thread.

Olivier

0 Kudos

Well strange... when I run RTCCTOOL I've got the missing recommendation about digital signature but... if i click on "Refresh status" it disappears... could be a bug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver

Everything you are commenting on what's happening to me. Running the ST13 - RSECNOTE not give me the error that should give me the same result of error RTCCTOOL

I keep looking and I'll update the post.

Thanks guys

Desiree

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which ST/API component has been installed on your system ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys good morning.

Thanks for the replay Subhash.Chandra

My system is:

SAP ECC 6.0

ST-PI 2008_1_700 0002 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

ST-A/PI 01M_ECC600 0000- Application Servicetools for ECC 600-605

SAP_ABA 701 0006

SAP_BASIS 701 0006

What surprises me is that I have the same certificate in my system BI and Solution Manager and working properly.

I searched on google and sap notes and have not found anything.

And I do not see something bad in the configuration in the ECC system

Desiree