cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFL 'u2lcom.dll' that implements this function is missing - C#/Crystal XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do get the following error when trying to run a report, .rpt file designed using Crystal XI /C#. The .rpt is located at Crystal XI Enterprise server and the .Net program is at my local desktop.

Error :

-

"UFL 'u2lcom.dll' that implements this function is missing.\rError in File C:
WINDOWS
TEMP
{5903CFF3-1411-43BC-8208-AF265F6F3C30}.rpt:\nError in formula <barcodestring>. \n'\r'\nUFL 'u2lcom.dll' that implements this function is missing."

The report uses a barcode formula in one of the formula fields ( The function is part of a VB.Net Dll).

I copied the dll to

a) c:\windows\System32\

b) c:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\bin\

on Crystal Enterprise Server. It did not help

Previously the dlls was on VB6 and it gave the same below error, so thought of moving this into VB.Net and converted as a VB.net dll. The function is visible under 'Visual Basic UFLs(u2lcom.dll), but when run via C# program, the above error appears.

I copied the dll to GAC and local EXE folder, still not helping. The rpt file is located at Crystal Enterprise XI (Windows 2003 Server) server.

( OR ) Just the VB6 dll will work if put on Server ? If so where to put it ?

Pelase help. Any additional questions let me know.

Thanks,

G Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Did you copy the UFL dll into the \bin folder, don't copy anything into the system32 folder. And if it's a COM UFL then you have to regsvr32.dll the dll also under a local PC administrator so CE can find it and have access to it. Or under the same user as CE is running under.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

thank you very much. It solved the issue.

Earlier the vb6 dll was registered using an a/c id different than the one to login to Crystal Enterprise server from .Net code.

Now copied the dll to 'c:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\bin\ on the server and ran,

*regsvr32 c:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\bin\crufltest.dll and it woorked.*

Thanks.

Answers (0)