cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order with Partial and down payment (milestone billing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have configured a scenario where a down payment and a partial payment and a closing invoice is done on the billing plan for a sales order. The down payment request was done and posted manually in FI and the process went well. The issue i have is that the down payment is not reflected in my partial invoice or my second invoice and my closing invoice as well is not reflecting the payment made for the partial invoice (which is suppose to contain the amount less the down payment).

Please, how do i resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what i understand: say you have a order of 1000 RS.

1) You recieved a down payment of 10% i.e 100 RS.If i am not mistaken this will go to a special g/l indictaor, and will be subsequently clared once teh payment is recieved.

2)Now say 80% of the total sales order value i.e 800 RS is you partial invoice. You want to adjust the advance recieved earlier against this invoice??? i.e. 800 Rs *10% i.e 80 Rs. So the amount you will be recieving will be 720 Rs.

3) The remaining amount will be adjusted in teh final invoice right???

If this is the case you can add a discount condition type say "ZADV" in the pricing procedure during billing of the partial and closing invoice to adjust the balances against the invoice values.Please keep this condition tyep as statistical.

Regards

Aadesh Kamat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank you for your response.

But i am looking at a scenario where the down payment amount will be reflected in the partial payment invoice, like a second line item, so that when the invoice hits FI, they know that they have to clear the down payment for the customer.

After clicking on Execute button on VF01, the billing document is greyed out, as such, i cant insert a second line item which would have been the down payment and the amount.

Please advise me on how to go about this.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See from what i feel from your description is, the business process is as follows:-

1) You receive the down payment request, this goes to a special g/l with indicator "F". Now when you recieve the payment you subsequently clear the amount through T-code F-29. In this case the down payment amount or the advance is treated as a deposit, which you adjust against each partial invoice, or completion of certain project.

2)When you create a partial invoice, considering the example in my earlier post you book complete value of the invoice i.e. RS 800.

The client requires that RS 720 and Rs 80 should goto seprate g/l accounts. IN this case you need to define a condition type say "zadv" assign a new account key to it say "zad" in SPRO>SALES AND DISTRIBUTION>BASIC FUNCTIONS>ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT/COSTING>REVENUE ACCOUNT DETERMINATION>DEFINE AND ASSIGN ACCOUNT KEYS.After billing of the correspoding amount I.e RS 80 will be cleared through F-39. Please check the same with you FI consultant.

3)Since the condition tab page is greyed out , SPRO>SALES AND DISTRIBUTION>BASIC FUNCTIONS>PRICING>PRICING CONTROL>DEFINE AND ASSIGN PRICING PROCEDURE>ASSIGN PRICING PROCEDURE TO BILLING TYPES. Also check in tcode VOFA wether oc. pric. procedure si assigned or not.After doing this you can add teh condition type "ZADV".

also you can refer to this link

Regards

Aadesh Kamat

Edited by: aadesh123 on Jul 14, 2011 6:41 AM