cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM - User Dashboard Default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there a way to assign a Dashboard default that will be applicable for all users upon logon to the SPM portal? Currently, the way I am aware of to achieve this is for the user to assign the appropriate dashboard for himself/ herself (from user preferences), but as an ADMIN, is there any way that we can assign ONE dashboard to ALL users?

Thanks - Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You are right at the moment this is the only way, a user has to set up a default dashboard and an admin has no control over it. We have not received whole lot of requests allowing admin's to setup a default dashboard. So we have no plans to introduce this functionality.

My personal opinion is that this does not provide any added business benefit by allowing admin's to set up a default dashboard, but you are more than welcome to put in a feature request.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit - Thanks for your prompt response !

I agree with you that this does not provide much functionality - Its more of a deployment ease with users who are not fully trained/ have gone through the learning curve though.

Best - Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit - A follow up question on this though:

I was seeing that in the User administration menu, there is something called "Actions" which has some get commands followed by assigned actions. Is this something we could take advantage of with some potential custom coding whereby we could as an "Assigned action" always provide the Default created dashboard to the UI? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks - Nikhil