cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error: Java JDK 1.6 Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am installing SM 7.0 EHP 1 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64. In phase 42 of 45 of the install, "Preparing Minimal Configuration," I recieved the following error message,

CTC retval is not 0 but 1

CTC has been called in Offline Mode

After reading other discussions, I am under the impression that I have the wrong JDK version. I currently have version 1.6.0_26 installed. I realize that both the PAM and notes 723909 and 716604 indicate that version 1.4.2 is required, and that 1.5 is not supported. However, I have found very little talk of jdk version 1.6. In addition, I have been informed by my project manager that Java version 1.4.2 will not suffice for our project, due to issues with security.

Is version 1.6.0_26 supported?

If so, why would I be getting this error? (full log file error pasted below)

If not, is there a patch of some sort that would allow for the use of a more up to date version of java?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Full error:

ERROR 2011-07-11 10:30:12.210 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:937]

FCO-00011 The step callOfflineCTC with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|usage_config|0|NW_Call_Offline_CTC|ind|ind|ind|ind|auto.id:1|0|callOfflineCTC was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Assertion failed: in

function NW_Call_Offline_CTC_ind_ind_ind_ind_SubComponentContainer_callOfflineCTC() {

var nw = NWInstall.getSystem(context.get("sid"));

var ctcDirFs = nw.getCI().getInstanceDir().concat("j2ee", "ctc");

var ctcExeFile = installer.onWindows() ? "LaunchOfflinectc.bat" : "LaunchOfflinectc.sh";

var ctcCall = ctcDirFs.concat(ctcExeFile);

installer.writeTrace("CTC is in" + ctcCall);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, ctcCall.isExisting(), "CTC executable cannot be found in " + ctcCall.toString());

var pmgt = new ProcessMgt();

var app = pmgt.createChildApplication(ctcCall, []);

var userData = nw.getUsers().getAccountData(NWUsers.roles.SIDAdm);

var user = (new AccountMgt()).getUser(userData.name);

var env = pmgt.getProcessEnvironment();

if (installer.onUnix()) {

env.setUser(user);

}

env.setWorkingDirectory(ctcDirFs.getNode());

env.setEnvironmentVariable(new Property("JAVA_HOME", nw.getJavaHome().toString()));

installer.writeTrace("For the Offline CTC Call, JAVA_HOME is set to " + env.getEnvironmentVariable("JAVA_HOME"));

app.setEnvironment(env);

var retval = app.run([], true);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, retval == 0, "CTC retval is not 0 but " + retval);

installer.writeTrace("CTC has been called in Offline Mode.");

}

CTC retval is not 0 but 1).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, java 1.6 is not supported that's why you are getting this error. You have to uninstall the system and install it again with java 1.4.2.

There is no patch to downgrade version of java from 1.6 to 1.4.2.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)