cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging of RFC ABAB modules from WEB ISA (JAVA)

carsten_srensen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks

Some of my colleques have tried to make the setup for debugging RFC ABAP Function Modules, when called from our WEB Internet Sales (JAVA). But without luck. As far as I understand, they have made the setup as mentioned in the SAP ISADevelopment and Extension guide.

I hope some of You have tried, and then have a "MADE-EASY-GUIDE" how to!!

We are runnng SAP R3 4.6C and ISA 4.0

Best regards and have a great weekend

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to determine if the involved Function Modules are called using a stateless or stateful connection. Stateless connections are made using the predefined JCO connection in the XCM administration. Stateful connections are made using the internet user account.

You must enable external debugging in the R/3 system for the required user and then set external breakpoints in the involved Function Module(s).

PS. You posted this in the wrong forum, this is not JDI related...

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u let me know where would i find a good document and something more precise on migration of J2EE application into JDI infrastructure.

Actually i want to make a project proposal for this topic as my masters project, so if you can please help me out and also is it a good topic !!!!!

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/c81ebbd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm">here</a> you can find the documentation about migrating projects. Hope that helps.

Kind regards, Jordan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

you need to enable debugging in the modification.xml and have SAP GUI on your development environment.

carsten_srensen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal Willemsen

Thanks for Your answer!

1: In our SAP R/3 4.6C i can't find the External Debugging option, like in our CRM system (WAS 6.20)

2: Which forum is then the correct one?

Best regards

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, External Debugging is only available as of release 4.7.

Maybe someone in the ABAP forum can help you with this...