cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am interested in hearing from some of you about your expereinces with SNP reporting. From my research it appears that SNP is not well designed for SNP reporting. I have reviewed some SAP notes (420927, 1547072, 482494) which were somewhat helpful but also very old. SAP does not seem to have provided a lot of documentation pertaining to this area of SNP. I guess my first question would be to find out if anyone is actually doing any extractions out of SNP for reporting? That may be a good place to start the conversation.

Rumi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SNP Reporting is usually done through the BI technology inherant in SCM-APO. You need to look into the documentation relating to the creation of Data Sources from your SNP Planning Area.

You create various data sources depending on the aggregation level you wish to report at, e.g. one against 9AMALO for Stock related information, 9AMALA for Purchase and Stock Movement information, 9ALORE for Capacity information etc, etc.

One the data sources have been created you will need BI assistance to extract the required data into reporting cubes and to create the Queries etc.

Hope this helps

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for all the response. How did you handle key figures that were not stored in the planning area (auxiliary)? For example Safety Stock, Day's Supply, Total Demand? Did you have to set up new key figures in the dataviews and copy the information from the auxiliary key figures to these new key figure that are in the planning area?

Or was there some other method?

Rumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for all the response. How did you handle key figures that were not stored in the planning area (auxiliary)? For example Safety Stock, Day's Supply, Total Demand? Did you have to set up new key figures in the dataviews and copy the information from the auxiliary key figures to these new key figure that are in the planning area?

Or was there some other method?

Rumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are correct, if you need to report against a key figure then it will need to be a time series KF. For the auxiliary key figures you have two options, one is to replace the KF in the planning book with your own time series key figure, else you keep the auxiliary one and add in your time series KF to the data view and have a macro (usually assigned to the exit event) that then copies the auxiliary KF value to the Time Series KF.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

Thanks again. This is helpful.

Did you have to create new key figures and assign them to the planning area? If so the key figure Data Type = QUAN.

Also, did you use more than one aggregate for your reporting? I am planning to use 9AMALA but it apperas that I may have to use 9AMALO for KF such as Safety Days' Supply and Safety Stock (Plnd).

Rumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes I usually create a Z* key figure of type QUAN, you may want to check if you require decimal places for the key figure or not depending on the type of product you are planning.

When you assigne the KF to the planning area, it should have Semantic Type 001 to show it is a Time Series KF. You will find that it is automaticaly assigned to all aggregates of the planning area. For performance reasons it is best to delete these KF's from the aggregates it is not required on (e.g. leave it assigned to MALO and MALA)

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

I also thought about using Z key figures. As far as I know this means that you have to deactivate liveCache to do this. Did you ever consider using the standard SNP key figures (e.g. SNPADDKF6) and just change the data type from FLTP to QUAN. These key figures are already assigned to the planning area and the aggregates so you therefore donu2019t have to deactivate livecache. I have not heard any reason to not to use SNP key figures such as SNPADDKF6, SNPADDKF7 etc.

Rumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes you would have to de-initialise the planning area to add in new key figures. If there are spare KF's assigned to the planning area then you can use those, however I don't think the system will allow you to change a key figure type if it is assigned to an active planning area already.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that whether you deactivate or not, its advised not to change the SNP standard kfs, rather a safer approach is to take a copy of the standard KF and change the data type. Also I think you cannot change the KF data type while a Planning area is active. Deactivating and activating an SNP Planning area is less complicated than a DP PA.

Hari Vomkarey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

One last queston (I hope). What kind of Infocube did you use. I am using a standard Infocube for the target source for the extraction.

Thanks,

Rumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Standard cube will do.

Hari Vomkarey

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Check also this note.

428147 - Extraction of data from an SNP planning area

We have SNP extraction of our key figure data into a cube in our Dev system, which I tested yesterday again, and seems to still work.

We also have ztables and a second cube to extract the stock data to mirror the "opening stock" data in the initial column.

Then a multicube to read the joint results.

The main extract reads 9AMALO, so output mirrors the SNP1 planning book. (ie not the resources data view)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We used export data source on SNP planning area to send following data for reporting purposes in BW.

1. Supply plan from factories to DCs for next 6 months

2. Production plan(SNP +PPDS) for comparing actual production vs planned production

3. Deployment report weekly or monthly depending up on client's business to give the dispatch plan

4. Failed products in SNP planning report

I hope this gives some insight.

Regards

Datta