cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart examples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was going through the MII book and found description about different charts but no examples for the charts exists.

I am trying to build out a Horizontal chart and have some issues with it, i am not able to display the numbering on the left vertical column, initially i tried to show up the chart as

XYZ -

BAR----

ABC -

BAR----

EDF -

BAR----

I was facing the issue as I found the text was unreadable and then I tried to use a legend and tried to make the horizontal bar with description on the right hand side as a small grid

-

BAR----

XYZ

ABC

-

BAR----

-

BAR----

I also have a time scroll bar on the bottom, due to this the colunm values below was cutoff

Can any one help me how to set the properties for horizontal bar chat, any examples will be helpfull.

Thanks,

Jai

Edited by: jaimalhotra on Jul 11, 2011 5:40 PM

Edited by: jaimalhotra on Jul 11, 2011 5:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I have tried horizontal bar chart in MII 12.0.9 (including custome labels it works for Bar chart but in Hbar chart it is not working properly) but unfortunately not able to find out proper labeling.

May be some expert will resolve this issue.

Mean while I can suggest you below options

1. use legends

OR

2. set below property under Title

Display quich info text

Display Tag names as quick info text

Display values as quick info text

after title settings when you mouse hover on any of bar in horizontal bar chart you can see the description on top of chart.

hope it helps!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks, ya I am not able to figure out the horizontal properties. Well, I do have problems with Bar chart as well, the numbers on x-axis and Y--axis on the chart are not properly showing up.I mean not exactly below the bar's, as i said in my earlier message I am trying to display unders every bar a description such as Milkchoc, Darkchoc and etc but these are not exactly displayin on the respective Bar's, Am i missing anything?

Thanks,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried custom labels for normal Bar chart X axis label its working for me.

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with custom lables but still the font is unreadable and its overlapping, i have around 10 bars on the sometime so the font is literally not managable.

Thanks,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works thanks.

How do I control the date intervals in standard scrolling buttons.

Thanks,

Jai

Edited by: jaimalhotra on Jul 19, 2011 9:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about standard Date Time control on applet than there are two options

1. Xecute Query: Map your start date and End Date parameter (Transaction Parameter) in xecute query Start and End Date.

2. SQL Query: Use SD and ED in your query to filter data on date range.

hope it helps!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj, When i click on the next button on the time scroll bar twice or thrice i get to see the data change in the bar, i want to know how i can control that.

Thanks,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure that i understood your issue correctly but as per my understanding I can suggest following things

If you have done above settings in your query than in your query under Date Range you can perform following settings.

suppose you want to see data for 10 minutes by defaults than in duration and duration unit you can set 10, M

when you click on right most > button it will display data for next 10 minutes (if you are accessing future data than allow future date should be enabled)

if you will click on second last > button from right than it will scroll quarter (for example if your duration is 10 Mintue than it will scroll to next 2.5 minute and your window will be for 10 minute range)

From HTML code you can pass date from java script like

document.AppletName.getQueryObject().setStartDate(StartDate);

document.AppletName.getQueryObject().setEndDate(EndDate);

Hope it helps!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Edited by: Manoj Bilthare on Jul 20, 2011 4:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

It does solve my issue.

Thanks,