cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML message ok in SXMB_MONI, but not delivered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am new to PI and have a question regarding monitoring of an interface.

We have a problem that a SOAP request doesn't reach its receiver.

When I have a look at SXMB_MONI the XML message has status "successfully processed" (race flag as indicator).

But if I check on [http://<HOST>:<PORT>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp|http://<HOST>:<PORT>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp], there I see that the message for the same interface has status "not delivered".

It shows me the following error message:

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException

How can I investigate more on this to find out why the interface doesn't work?

I have the impression that the monitoring of PI interfaces is quite unstructured.

Is there a good tutorial/blog which shows where to look for this information?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, this is solved.

I tried the WS called from PI in Soap UI and gave me the error message (something with wrong date format).

But the PI error messaging regarding external WS is really poor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, guys.

I've now had a look at the RWB.

Unfortunately the end-to-end monitoring doesn't work (and I guess that this is the one I should have a look at).

I've acivated it for 'XIIntegrationServer' and 'XIAdapterFramework' under RWB -> Configuration (Monitoring level: medium)

But no matter what I put into the selection, end-to-end monitoring always shows me "No instances exist for the selected time period".

What can be the reason for that?

Thanks in advance.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Eddie,

Go to message monitoring and check if there are any messages with status "Holding " or to be delivered status.If you found any check the exact error in details.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the message monitoring I've messages with status 'Not delivered'.

If I display them, I just see error messages like

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException

Adapter Framework caught exception: null

Delivering the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException.

How can I see more detailed error messages???

Former Member
0 Kudos

What we tried:

When we put the payload coming out of the message mapping (taken from Communication Channel messaging) as input data for the receiver WS (using web service navigator), then it works.

But when this payload is processed within PI, it seems that there's a problem with the SOAP adapter.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes.. if this is the case you need to check the connectivity from PI to receiver web service.

Regards,

Naveen.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie,

Are you using SOAP Adapter? Check in the Communication channel monitoring and provide detail error.

If you are using SOAP adapter then check whether URL is providing proper response or not. Check if the target system is up or not. Also check if user id and password are correct or not.

former_member611181
Participant
0 Kudos

Check in Runtime workbench. Messages might successful in SXMB_MONI. SXMB_moni for integration engine errors like SAPABAP errors, but if we have connectivity errors,certificate errors, file format errors we need to use runtime work bench to get adapter specific errors.

Log into RWB and check and post that error so that somebody can help or atleast point what to check.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the connectivity with respect to your receiver side.

Normally this occurs either due to timeout or connectivity problems. check in RWB ...If you are getting timeout error increase parameter , icm/server_port_0 : PROT=HTTP,PORT=50044, TIMEOUT=900.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

Regards,

Naveen.