cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBDDriver failed to load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when we try to open a universe in the universe designer. We got the following error:

Datenbankfehler. Der Datenbankfehlertext lautet: (CS)

"DBDDriver failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_wmssql.dll (Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.)".(WIS 10901)

We have installed the universe designer on a terminal Server with Windows Server 2008 64 Bit.

What can we do?

Regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you access the database via the database client tools from that machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we can access the database via ODBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need to add the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\" to your PATH environment variable.

What type of target database are you trying to access?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We try to connect to a SQL Server 2008 R2. We have already add this path to our environment variable, but it doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you access other SQL Server databases via BusinessObjects?

If so, you may need to move that particular path near to the front of your path variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already done. But still it doesn't work

Edited by: Alexander on Jul 13, 2011 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it all SQL Server 2008 R2 databases you are having a problem with or just this one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We only have one SQL Server 2008 R2 database to connect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Service Pack/Fix Pack are you on at the moment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Universe Designer: 12.1.0.914

Crystal Reports 2008: 12.3.0.601

Data Services: 12.2.0.0

Business Objects: 12.1.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing I'd recommend is making sure all your service packs are at the same level. I experienced errors with earlier versions of XI3.1 and got the system up to SP4

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander - i've had the same problem. I used DependancyWalker to trace references from inside the dll, and found that 5 of the dependant dll's weren't available at all - i'm guessing this is the why the specified procedures were not gefunden I searched the machine for these dependant dll's - one existed somewhere in the winsxs folder structure (not therefore sure if it was the version BO needed), and the other files weren't on the machine at all.

I've tried uninstalling "Data Access" from the BO Client Tools install, and reinstalling again, but problem not resolved.

Did you solve your problem?

Best Regards,

Ferdie.

0 Kudos

Also note that MS SQL Server 2008 requires that you install the Client Tools to get the new Native client engine called "MS SQL Native 10". MS does not support the MDAC SQLNCLI.dll in SQL 2008. Search MS MSDN for more info on client support.

When you create your DSN's in either \sytem32 ( 64 bit ODBC Admin ) or \syswow64 ( 32 bit ODBC admin ) use the updated driver as the driver.

Don