cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM questions(Fire Fighter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had some questions on SPM(Fire fighter),please help me with this..

For Critical transactions tab in /n/virsa/vfat--why we used it for,does it show header and footer log details..

if we do not enter critical transactions will it still pull up critical history in FF logs.

Second question-->Do we have setting of FF log history,can we pull the history of the user which is year old in FF log?

Appreciate your responses.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Critical transactions tab in /n/virsa/vfat--why we used it for,does it show header and footer log details..

if we do not enter critical transactions will it still pull up critical history in FF logs.

The critical transactions that you maintain here will help you to generate a separate report that shows who and when any of the transaction codes were executed (and when they were executed). If you don't want to seperate the critical transactions, you can leave this blank.

Do we have setting of FF log history,can we pull the history of the user which is year old in FF log?

The logs will be available until they are archived.

/VIRSA/ZFFUSERS - Table holds the Change logs (CLOG)

/VIRSA/ZFFTNSLOG - Transaction Log (TLOG)

Search in SE16, with /VIRSA/ZFF* to view the list of SPM tables.

I recommend you to refer SAP Note 1041912 - Firefighter Best Practice Archiving Strategy that gives you the best solution to archive SPM logs.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu