SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Account Creation w.r.t past dates

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

At the time of creation of contract account we do not have an option of valid from date, it always get created on current date.

I tried changing the created dates in FKKVK & FKKVKP at table level to to 01-01-2009 but when I try to change the CA w.r.t date 01.01.2010 it gives in error Contract account XXXXXX not yet created for 01.01.2010. message no.>3556

Can any one tell me how to create CAs with reference to past dates?

Thanks

Satyajeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

Try creating contract account using function module BAPI_CTRACCONTRACTACCOUNT_CR1. In this function module, you have import parameter for Valid From - however documentation states that you can enter future date. You can try with past date.

Regards,

Avinash

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

Try creating contract account using function module BAPI_CTRACCONTRACTACCOUNT_CR1. In this function module, you have import parameter for Valid From - however documentation states that you can enter future date. You can try with past date.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

No, it does not work for past date...any other option ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction CAS2 (BDT transaction for CA) and choose Field Grp - Validity Date. Enable input field VALDT and check if you can change validity date.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Avinash...

Just a little change instead of changing the Validity Date my purpose got solved by checking the input field in Validity date on data screens

0 Kudos

Good to know Satyajeet. All the best!

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Though I could create CA from past dates, the changes are not allowed for past dates...any clue if there is any config settings or user exits where we can do some enhancements.

Thanks

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

Which changes are not allowed? Which tables are you checking?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I have created a CA on 01-01-2010 but when in execute CAA2 and give a date 11-07-2011 it says date not allowed in past. Is there any config or validation that I can avoide so that it allows me to chage the CA in any day after the date of creation.

Thanks

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check BDT for Contract account using transaction CAWM. If I get time, I will also check. In the mean time, can you search for setting.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

I believe you were trying to open the CA in change mode in a past date.

If i have under stood it correctly, then the system would not allow you to this since it would interfere with modification logs. This validation is hardcoded in the FM BUS_VALDT_CHECK. Also the view VKK001 is never processed after the "Save " button is pressed.

Also this field is not mapped to any database field & is calculated in runtime.