cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameterized mapping GUI to XSLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am using parameterized message mapping in PI 7.1, in which I am passing values to message (graphical mapping). The graphical mapping is receiving those values and storing them to DynamicConfiguration key/value pairs. I have written a UDF for that and the UDF does all the job of setting DynamicConfiguration and returns empty string to the target message root element.

Then, in operation mapping I am placing the above message mapping first followed by the XSLT mapping step. The XSLT mapping is reading the Dynamic parameters set earlier by the message mapping step and using the same populating the XML tags. The objective of the XSLT mapping is to create SOAP envelope with the above fields (parameters) as custom header fields in the SOAP header.

I see that the SOAP envelope is created correctly by the XSLT with the SOAP body containing all values. But the SOAP header is not the getting the values from the DynamicConfiguration set by the message mapping.

Question: Is it possible to pass values like this between message(graphical) mapping to XSLT mapping? Are they stored in memory or is it that the moment the next mapping is called, the DynamicConfiguration values are lost?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi saisach,

I can tell you the easiest way to achive your requirenment.

In First Message Mapping.:

Add a filename field under header node in the receiver structure

Suppose your receiver structure is:

<Test>
<Name>Sai</Name
</Test>

Then modify it like below.

<Test>
<DummyHeader>
<FileName>TestFile.txt</FileName>
</DummyHeader>

<Name>Sai</Name
</Test>

And also map the dynamic confuration value to FileName Field.

Then in your SOAP envelope creation XSLT mapping read the Dynamic value from this FileName Field and do what you want.

Create Third simple XSLT mapping to remove the DummyHeader Field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish Thanks, I found out the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Can you please let me know how did it get resolved, am also in the same requirement now...

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi saiSach,

Please see the below thread.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1860541