cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.

This is a brand new implementation. The implementation consists of ERP 6 EHP5 and SolMan 7.1.

I was able to install the SolMan and completed initial and Basic configuration. I am also connected to sap.service market place.

My question is, I have not installed my ERP EHP5 system yet and how do I generate the XML file for a system that has not been installed? Also I am not sure what is the best way to define the system in SolMan so I have a error free definition. Therefore I can generate the xml file for the support pack and EHP5.

This is what I have done:

Client copy of 000 to 100

initial config

Basic config

I need to connect to SAP to download support packs for SolMan to upgrade to SP27.

Please provide links to the documents.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you need to upgrade to 7.1? Or You need to install SP27?

See this link below:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=002007974700000659...

And in this select what relaease and what activity you are looking to perform after you select the release (install or upgrade)

I could not provide direct links because I do not understand what is it that you are trying to do.

You need to start with the MOPZ setup though, if you are looking to download support packs et all from the Service Marketplace

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You are going to install ERP EHP5 system. So, during the initial installation, you don't need stack xml file & SP. Because all

these EHP5 Support packages are available in your DVD.

2. After insallation completed you need stack xml file & EHP1 SP, during that time you need to setup MPOZ in SolMan System.

3. To upgrade your SolMan system SP to SP27, you can directlly download SP27 with stack XML file from service.sap.com (service market place).

4. before setup MPOZ in SolMan you need to setup SAP Router...

Regards

Kannan.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan - Thank you for your reply. I do not undrestand your second point

" 2. After insallation completed you need stack xml file & EHP1 SP, during that time you need to setup MPOZ in SolMan System.".

Why do I need stack xml file and EHP1 when EHP5 stacks are part of the installation CD? Can you elaborate please?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you are installing ERP EHP5 system. So, during initial installation, you don't need stack xml file. Once EHP5 is installed and you want to upgrade it then you will need stack xml file and at that time you need to configure in solman to download the stack xml file.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your reply. I am going to install EHP5 system. I have 2 more questions:

1. How can I verify IS-Insurance enhancment packs are part of the EHP5 installation cd?

2. My SolMan is not up and running (SAProuter needs to be installed....Can I create the SolMan Key without updating to latest SP and or connecting to SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny - If this is the latest version, what do you mean upgrade? Upgrade to what? EHP6?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you will install new EHP5 system, then only SAP_APPL and EA-APPL will be on 605 release and rest of the components will be on 600 release. So, in your case IS-Insurance will be on 600 release then you need yo upgrade it to 605.

You cannot install Is-Insurance directly to EHP5 will WHP5 installation, so, you would not find this SP's in any DVD. You need to download the patches from solution manager MOPZ and then upgrade it IS-Insurance from SAINT.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. How can I verify IS-Insurance enhancment packs are part of the EHP5 installation cd?

After connecting your ECC system and in mopz when you select your target level and in the next step you have to select the usage, there you have to select IS Insurance and generate stack.xml file

My SolMan is not up and running (SAProuter needs to be installed....Can I create the SolMan Key without updating to latest SP and or connecting to SAP?

Without setting up sap router, you cannot connect to sap through mopz. So first setup router and then mopz.

regards,

SBK